UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy S31 ZMAGs?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    But how long would it take to sell 2000 mags? I could see 200 to 300 going pretty fast, but then your going to be sitting on the rest.
    This seems like the right answer to me. For all you know, it has taken this long for the original run of 2,000 magazines to be sold. I have heard so many times before, if you see something that you want, buy it now, because it might not be available when you "get around to it ". It seems like so many of the posts on this thread are "I didn't know that the magazines would no longer be available, so I want to buy some now ". Well, it seems that ship has sailed. Too bad that several possible buyers are "standing on the dock, watching the ship sail away".

Maybe some day Richard will make a "Mark 3" version with a convertible magwell. Who knows. Tieing up 54,000 of capital for who knows how long, would not be an investment I would put my capital in. YMMV.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IRON MAYHEM View Post
    instead of proprietary magazines why don't we just tell lage to build an upper that will run from single stack and double stack mags. Then you would be able to run coffin mags, drums, and the original and very plentiful suomi stick mags. and before you say it's too complex or can't be done realize that BRP guns was able to do just this with their u9 submachine gun
    I know people have worked on a double feed bolt before and not had much success. It only gets more complicated if you want it to work with double feed and single feed both. I really would like it to work. (I would absolutely love a tungsten that would do double feed and single feed both.)

UZI Talk Supporter
    I think drums outweights stick mags personally. And I'd pay $100 for them if I didn't already have em.

Does anybody have 3 they would be willing to sell?

I had no idea about the Suomi ZMags being discontinued either...I have plenty of drums, stick mags and a couple coffin mags but no Suomi Z Mags.

I would be up for a group buy on Suomi ZMags or a magwell conversion to use original Suomi mags.

I missed the thread of the Suomi Zmags being discontinued. If a group buy materializes, I would buy a few also.

I missed the thread of the Suomi Zmags being discontinued.
    I keep seeing people share that they “missed” the thread that shared that the ZmagS magazines were going to be discontinued.

If you are a new M11/9 or M11A1 owner you would have probably never seen that thread because Marty (from Shockwave Technologies) posted that information back in 2017 in a thread that spoke to the regular Zmags being “on sale”.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...This-week-only.

He stated that there would only be “one” run of the ZMAG-S magazines and that (at that time) he had enough on hand to last “till the end of the year“.

He stated specifically that they were a whole lot more work to make than the reward was for making them.

They were such a poor seller that the batch he had back in 2017 (that he thought would only last 6 more months) took 3 years to sell.

I wouldn’t expect the new owners to do a “group buy” for a reasonable price.

It appears that the profit margin was way too thin to be sold at a reasonable price back when Marty was running Shockwave and it can’t see it being any better here with new owners.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IRON MAYHEM View Post
    instead of proprietary magazines why don't we just tell lage to build an upper that will run from single stack and double stack mags.
    I don't you could tell Richard to make anything. Maybe asking nicely would yield a better result, but not likely.

I just received some of the shockwave zmag's for the m11/9. I believe the mags are identical other than the soumi tab that has been welded to the back. Can anyone find a source to have these tabs made? I've contacted triple k mags but any other ideas? Would lage mfg. have a cnc machine that could make these tabs and sell them separately, they aren't complicated.Name:  DSCN0392.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  124.3 KBName:  DSCN0391.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  124.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by renovate7 View Post
    I just received some of the shockwave zmag's for the m11/9. I believe the mags are identical other than the soumi tab that has been welded to the back. Can anyone find a source to have these tabs made? I've contacted triple k mags but any other ideas? Would lage mfg. have a cnc machine that could make these tabs and sell them separately, they aren't complicated.
    The feed lip angle is different as well. Strobro noted it earlier in this thread and you can see it in your top picture.

Thanks for pointing out the feed angle being different. Has anybody tried using the 11/9 mag, even with the different angle? I think I could tweak the feed lips if necessay if I could find the soumi tabs.Name:  DSCN0394.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  124.0 KBName:  DSCN0396.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  124.1 KBName:  DSCN0395.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  124.6 KB

UZI Talk Supporter
    Suggestion: 1) Get a sign up sheet and see how many can be spoken for, let's say it's 750. 2) Y'all need to call Richard and see if he'd be good for 1,250 mags. He's the only retailer who would have a vested interest in stocking this many.

Strobro needs to start selling the adapter he made back in 2016 that allowed the use of regular Zmags in the Max31. I thought it was really slick, especially since most already have the regular Zmags. I agree with Gaujo about the drums though. That’s why I’m on the list for the Max31k for the M11/9.

I tried an 11/9 mag manually in the 10/31 upper. Shimmed it in place so the bottom of the bolt caught the round same as the z mag. Found the bolt dragged on the higher lips of the 11/9 mag. You would have to bend the lips inward then grind them back flat, no upward angle, to match the z mag lips. Very doable if a tab can be found...Based on the serial number of my new 10/31 upper, and assuming they started at zero, there have been 230+ uppers sold for the M10. Probably more for the M11 guns. That means there are several thousand guns without uppers who are potential customers.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac11/9 View Post
    Strobro needs to start selling the adapter he made back in 2016 that allowed the use of regular Zmags in the Max31. I thought it was really slick, especially since most already have the regular Zmags. I agree with Gaujo about the drums though. That’s why I’m on the list for the Max31k for the M11/9.
    I asked Richard by email this weekend if he wanted to produce something like it. I'm not a MFGer so it will need to be made by someone who is.

UZI Talk Life Member
    It’s not a serial number, it’s a date lot code.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    I asked Richard by email this weekend if he wanted to produce something like it. I'm not a MFGer so it will need to be made by someone who is.
    I’ll buy one.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878973061
    Ending bid on 2 zmag-s31 was $302. Clearly not many people willing to pay this price but shows there’s still a demand for the mags. If only there was a way to get the minimum order down to 500-1000 mags people would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant435 View Post
    Ending bid on 2 zmag-s31 was $302. Clearly not many people willing to pay this price but shows there’s still a demand for the mags. If only there was a way to get the minimum order down to 500-1000 mags people would buy.
    And yes that was my losing bid at $300 for 2 newer mags. If someone wants That offer pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant435 View Post
    Make and sell 1000 mags at 52.00 each or
    Make and sell 2000 mags at 26.00 each

Could we guarantee the group buy at 1000 mags??

+ Reply to Thread