UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy S31 ZMAGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant435 View Post
    That’s a good question but I don’t know. I talked to Cynthia from shockwave today, the GOOD news is they are open to the idea of group buy. The bad news is the minimum quantity is extremely high. 2000 mags at $26.37 a piece. Do we have any wealthy members on this forum that like slow return on investment? Haha
    I’d be in for 10.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Oh how quickly we forget.
    Before Marty ever begin manufacturing the Z mag, the tabs, or catches, were available to purchase individually as a separate component and easily silver soldered onto a Sten mag. Concorde shared the machine shop information with me so I funded a 100 piece purchase When Sten mags were cheap and Medphys soldered a hundred together and sold them here.

I might consider checking to see if a run of these tabs is still possible if at least 100 are ordered.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    I had originally given some tabs to Marty to assist him with the development. I should check and see if they are a simple/straight addition to a normal ZMag... I suspect that they are, just like for the Sten mags conversions we did.
    Last edited by Concorde; 09-15-2020 at 12:03 AM.
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member
    The ZMagS version needed more than the tabs Concorde provided. The tabs needed additional material because the Zmags were less wide than Sten mags. The feed lips on the ZMagS also had to be modified because of the angle of the Max31 and 31A mag well.

Thanks again Mike for all the work arranging the tabs. It was a big help for those who converted Sten mags.
    Last edited by strobro32; 09-14-2020 at 10:00 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Thanks again Mike for all the work arranging the tabs. It was a big help for those who converted Sten mags.
    It was absolutely my pleasure :-)

For the newcomer folks, here's that old how-to thread:
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...sion-for-MAX31

UZI Talk Supporter
    UT member RetroEngraving is my father-in-law. He is the maker of the death card adapter. He also sells a funnel to use with the converted stens in the max-31 series uppers.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Unfortunately, like so many things in the gun world, inexpensive old 32-round STEN mags seems to be a thing of the past. A quick 'net search shows them to be $25 or more each these days instead of the $9-$11 back in the days of my project.

UZI Talk Supporter
    These are probably the last cheap sten mags. Pull the brass rods and they are fair grade 30 rounders. I have a box of them from back when they were $5.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/sten-ma...uger-good.html
    https://centerfiresystems.com/produc...product_detail

UZI Talk Life Member
    I found Sten mags in “fair” condition for ten bucks. They’re blocked to 20 rounds but this is easily reversed.
    I’m not sure this conversation is a viable option today?
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

I mean.. that’s ONLY $52,740 for 2000 mags.. I’d buy 20. You got 1% sold already! How easy was that?? =D.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    I found Sten mags in “fair” condition for ten bucks. They’re blocked to 20 rounds but this is easily reversed.
    I’m not sure this conversation is a viable option today?
    Tom I have plenty of brand new old stock Sten mags quantity discounts available
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

I remember when sportsman’s guide? had 10 sten mags with a pouch for 20.00..

I’d commit to 10 of the S mags, maybe more.

I’m surprised Lage isn’t interested in securing more mags to help the sales of the max 31 upper. Some people might pass on the upper if their only real option is a 100.00 plus drum or 125.00 coffin mag vs. a 26.00 group buy mag, sold for 41.00 or 44.00 on their website?

I know there were options years ago, but there are still new Mac 11 buyers entering the game who missed out on the sten conversions, tabs and even now, the shockwave z mags.
    Last edited by scottMO; 09-15-2020 at 11:06 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    52k is 52k

I would be in for 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    52k is 52k
    True, but sometimes you gotta have money to make even more money. Someone does the group buy and sells them for 35 each and now the 52k grows to 70k. Selling them for 40 each, is 80k on a 52k investment.

I was hoping Lage was gonna do a max31k and keep this style of upper going but it will be tougher without mags. Come on Magpul.... Lol...

New M-11/Nine owner, getting caught by surprise on the magazines being discontinued.
    I was waiting on the MAX-31K for the M-11/Nine.
    Bought some Suomi Drum magazines, but didn’t know the ZMAG S-31 was going out of production.

I would definitely be in for a 12 pack.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post
    True, but sometimes you gotta have money to make even more money. Someone does the group buy and sells them for 35 each and now the 52k grows to 70k. Selling them for 40 each, is 80k on a 52k investment.
    But how long would it take to sell 2000 mags? I could see 200 to 300 going pretty fast, but then your going to be sitting on the rest.

instead of proprietary magazines why don't we just tell lage to build an upper that will run from single stack and double stack mags. Then you would be able to run coffin mags, drums, and the original and very plentiful suomi stick mags. and before you say it's too complex or can't be done realize that BRP guns was able to do just this with their u9 submachine gun

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post

I was hoping Lage was gonna do a max31k and keep this style of upper going but it will be tougher without mags. Come on Magpul.... Lol...
    Actually this becomes much more feasible if we can commit to a large number of mags at retail price and ask Lage to foot the bill. He would break even at 1000 mags. I don't know and can't speak for him, but that's an idea.

+ Reply to Thread