UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy S31 ZMAGs?

Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post
    Make and sell 1000 mags at 52.00 each or
    Make and sell 2000 mags at 26.00 each

Could we guarantee the group buy at 1000 mags??
    I think the main factor for shockwave is the money. Basically they quoted around $52k. If someone was willing to put that money forward it would be smarter to get the 2000 mags for the same amount. Unless shockwave was willing to do 500-1000 mags at $27 a piece I don’t see this getting done. I bet with a group buy we would maybe round up about 300 mags and I’d even bets that’s a stretch. I wouldn’t expect lage to invest heavy on this because soon as he gets green light for the max/15 uppers he’s going to want his money to produce those. Even if those weren’t in the works, someone wouldn’t want to tie up there money for 3-4 years for a measly 30k profit over that time span. Then there’s taxes to pay on it. As the deal sits now it doesn’t make sense financially to do this. Maybe the deal will change one day or manufacturer

UZI Talk Supporter
    Guys, if you can commit to buying 1000 at retail price it's a no brainer for a retailer to back to a 2000 run.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Unless Mr. Lage wants a bunch to sell with his uppers it doesn't look like S mags make sense. 1000 mags is a lot to sell when there are already a bunch out there so people like me that have some (6) won't want to buy any more. MGs are a niche hobby, the Max-31 is a sub-niche and the S mags are a sub-sub-niche.

It looks like the best alternatives is that some one has a bunch of adapter tabs made on a CNC as well as a jig to weld them on and a tool to modify the feed lips. More hand work and so a higher piece price but you can do a run of 50 and make it worth your while. The competition for a Max-31 stick mag is the 50 round coffin mags that are $100 and up so you might get $50-75 each for a Z mag reworked into an S mag.

The other alternative would be for Lage, PS, or Shockwave to make a run of the Strobro Franken-Magwells that allow the use of the Z mag.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I love how it keeps coming back to Lage Mfg needing to do something! :-)
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    I love how it keeps coming back to Lage Mfg needing to do something! :-)
    Exactly getting people to commit means collecting money before making the mags. If someone makes the mags and has a list buyers you will lose 30% or more of the list. It appears there are only 6-8 individuals looking anyway. Tabs or adapter may be the answer but still very limited
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

UZI Talk Supporter
    I guess some don’t realize Lage came out with the 31 upper long before the S mags.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    I guess some don’t realize Lage came out with the 31 upper long before the S mags.
    He came out with the 31 upper when you could get functioning drums for $10 to $15 each.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXsparky View Post
    He came out with the 31 upper when you could get functioning drums for $10 to $15 each.
    So why did drums go up in price so much? I can't believe that it's all of the Max-31 shooters buying them all up, there just aren't that many of us. What else uses those mags?

UZI Talk Life Member
    It was the Max31 and us. Supply and demand. We bought thousands of drums. The quality ones dried up. Price went up.

UZI Talk Supporter
    It was us. They were still importing surplus stock up.until like 5 years ago. Now they aren't.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Then how many Max-31s are out there? If every owner has ten drums, as a guess, can there be so many uppers or am I overestimating how many drums were imported?

UZI Talk Life Member
    10 drums....

Seems like getting new mags made is a pipe dream but I’d definitely be interested if it does happen.

I'd be in for 6.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Guys, I'd recommend getting all the mags (including possible future guns) you can afford now. "High capacity" mags will be a thing of the past at some point in our lifetimes.

If you don't have a bunch of regular Zmags, get them NOW!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    Guys, I'd recommend getting all the mags (including possible future guns) you can afford now. "High capacity" mags will be a thing of the past at some point in our lifetimes.

Great advice, especially if the coming election turns the congress and white house full left Democrat. If it does you can expect some lame excuse to ban just about everything more than a bolt action rifle. And don't expect a conservative supreme court to turn it down or even hear any cases.

UZI Talk Supporter
    i listed my extras on GB if anyone is interested. No idea what the market is on them, but im getting over $210 each for NIW reising mags that were $90....https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879795106

UZI Talk Supporter

Just bought some glock mags. OEM were unobtainable during the last scare. Took your advice because the next scare might be 4 years long or permanent.

UZI Talk Life Member
    The 30 round ZmagS were intended for competitions. For a $100 a piece you could get coffins and load 30 for competitions.

Another thing we could look into is modifying 36 round Suomi double feed stick mags to run single feed like Russell Weeks did in 2013 for the M10/ 9mm mags. It would just take a jig and new followers.

UZI Talk Supporter
    sold the mags already. coffins are hard to find too these days. they are huge and hard to load...the tiny 30's are a nice option if you are target shooting

+ Reply to Thread