UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC-Unity magazines on galil?

AC-Unity magazines on galil?

Just wondering here, but I saw these:
    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/A...ITY-4p7087.htm

And they supposedly work with the 223 ak rifles. Would these fit in a Galil?

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...gs-fit-a-Galil

Just buy Galil mags they are cheeper then most 223 ak mags now other then these ..But 223 AK mags wont fit a Galil stock you will need to mod them ..

I dont see the point when factory mags surplus are cheep and easy to get now ....

Not sure if they will work in a Galil, but I'm hoping they do in my Norinco BWK92.

Problem is, that most .223 AK rifles use magazines patterned after a 5.45 AK74 magazine well.
    The Galil is dimensioned off a 7.62 milled AK47 including the magazine.

Just buy the standard Galil mags and forego the aftermarket plastic junk.

Ok, figured I'd ask, just in case it ever came up. I was just looking for something that looked a little different. Who's got the cheapest factory magazines now?

Price depends on condition and whether steel or Orlite. Cheap prices often mean beat up mags; IMO, you are better off with good or better mag conditions. You can refinish steel mags for cosmetic purposes. Do a Google search. Work the Internet. Vendors include Apex, Atlantic Firearms, Keep Shooting, and Gunbroker. Post want to buy on this site and see what you get.

APEX Gun Parts has a very good supply of used original Galil magazines!

https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/...list_limit=all

Prices start around $15 each.

Richard

Richard,

Will you do hand pick on mags for a fee?

I'll vouch for the quality of the Apex magazines. All the ones I've gotten have been great.

if I didn't already have a whole bunch of TAPCO GALIL/GOLINI mags, that mags works perfectly in my 5.56 AK; SAR-3, SLR-106ur, I would be all over those AC mags.

here is the funny thing, the steel surplus GALIL mags don't work in either of my AKs....go figure
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 10-03-2020 at 07:00 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Billy View Post
    if I didn't already have a whole bunch of TAPCO GALIL/GOLINI mags, that mags works perfectly in my 5.56 AK; SAR-3, SLR-106ur, I would be all over those AC mags.

here is the funny thing, the steel surplus GALIL mags don't work in either of my AKs....go figure
    Hold on to those Tapcos. Can't get them new anymore & they are great mags. Just found 2 on GunBroker & feel pretty lucky about that.
    "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by boscoman View Post
    Hold on to those Tapcos. Can't get them new anymore & they are great mags. Just found 2 on GunBroker & feel pretty lucky about that.
    I can confirm(Remington owned) TAPCO is no longer in business as Remington Arms shut them down along with Bushmaster. Could not find any Tapco mags at last gun show 2 weeks ago (and that's AR mags not to mention Galil mags which are less out there) . IF you can get them keep them. Tapco made some reliable Galil mags for the money. Will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by lcastillo View Post
    I can confirm(Remington owned) TAPCO is no longer in business as Remington Arms shut them down along with Bushmaster. Could not find any Tapco mags at last gun show 2 weeks ago (and that's AR mags not to mention Galil mags which are less out there) . IF you can get them keep them. Tapco made some reliable Galil mags for the money. Will be missed.
    I'm wondering what the demand for these would be. I have access to people with plastic molding equipment and was considering going into doing some of these. The problem is that the initial cost on the molds is pricey to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by kruuth View Post
    I'm wondering what the demand for these would be. I have access to people with plastic molding equipment and was considering going into doing some of these. The problem is that the initial cost on the molds is pricey to say the least.
    given there isn't a huge market for GALIL accessories, not like there is for ARs or AKs.........and surplus mags are running at 15 bucks, I would say you would be lucky to break even

UZI Talk Life Member
    Had to resurrect this thread, finding Tapco Galil mags in stock at a few places for around 14 bucks a piece: Optics and ammo, TNT explosive gear and Truso Armory. I have never bought
    from any of these places but they are showing in stock .

UZI Talk Life Member
    There appears to be a Face Book review page for them, https://www.facebook.com › TNTGearEP › reviews. I don't have a FB account so I have no idea what is being said about them.
    "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

Several people have been using the legacy Galil mags as well as the newer ACE rock and lock mags with the bolt hold open feature on the Zastava M90. Which they also used the AC-unity 5.56 mags on as well. The newer ACE rock n lock mags also have a different follower for the bolt hold open feature as well as a reinforcing tab on the front of the mag.

Atlantic Firearms had a sale for 5 perfect mags for $99

There’s no reason not to use Galil mags in good condition in a ATI Galeo pistol that is not subject to 922r

+ Reply to Thread