UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taylor & Bingham 45 cal Drum

Taylor & Bingham 45 cal Drum

Afternoon: Curious to know if anybody on here knows anything about a company named Taylor & Bingham that made a drum for 45 caliber? The drum was also referred to as : TAYLOR MK 1 45. Just looking for information and a possible source.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    yeah gunbroker
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

Squires Bingham was/is a brand name for Phillipine made arms and ammo, they currently are a holding company that owns Armscor. Back in the 70s or 80s they came up with a drum magazine for the .45 1911, IIRC the "Taylor" was named after prominent (at the time) gunwriter and SWAT trainer Chuck Taylor. He did endorse a few things like an "assault vest" back then but I don't remember if he was directly involved with the drum or not. Long out of production, although I believe I have seen a copy recently.

In the early 80s I had a flyer from them , advertising the drums along with their Italian made copies of the AR15, AK47, and Galil in .22LR. Also had a .22 version of the PPsH41, Mitchell's Mausers currently imports them. They also sold the "exploding ammo" that Hinckley used on Reagan.

just google taylor 45acp drum--lots of pics

Thanks for the info. DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN ACQUIRE ONE?

UZI Talk Life Member

One of the pages https://www.classicfirearms.com/iver...-45-28rd-drum/ has a similar drum. It shows in stock for $70.77, if you are interested. Good luck with your search.

Scott

Morning: Thank you for the link but I have tried that drum and had problems with feeding.
    Thank you and I will continue with my search.

Steve

UZI Talk Life Member
    I had one of the 1911 Taylor drums. Brand new it didn't work worth a damn. I sold it off years ago.

Drums don't work so well in general (with a few exceptions). You are much better off with a few 12-15 round stick mags that will cost less than one drum.

Evening: Thanks for the info!!!

Steve

+ Reply to Thread