UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SW76 aftermarket parts

UZI Talk Supporter

SW76 aftermarket parts

Hello all,
    So itís been a while since sold Carlson comps. I had a bunch of changes in my life. That being said, Iím thinking about getting back into SMG production work. I have an opportunity to work with a trusted and talented friend of mine. We are exploring the thought of some after market enhancements for the SW76 platform(s) of subguns. Looking for feed back/interest.
    Thanks
    Greg

I'm not intimately familiar with the SW76 quite yet, but it is my understanding that the ejector, extractor and sear are parts that wear out. I've seen interest in replacement bolts to, for standard models and Burgess variants as well.

I'm interested in parts for the Burgess SW76. Extractors, bolts, etc. Spare parts are always a good thing.

have went to suppressed option, then to CAR collaspable stock, M60JOE red dot mount, drums and large capacity stick mags, what enhancements other than milling out magwell to accept suomi drums with no mods, such as BWE has played with? always interested in upgrading if it is something that really enhances.

A sliding wire stock like the grease gun would be slick

Greg
    I would be in. Since Scott dropped out, BWE has made some parts. I use my SW76 a lot (not a safe queen at all) and has some issues and part breakage. (cocking handle, extractor broke, spring guide bent) Wear items; the trigger bar- (round edge) sent to Scott for welding and machining- took over a year, came back with file marks- not happy.
    Bought; Green mountain barrel, extractors, springs, recoil guide, handle, take down pin, rear cap. Would like a spare bolt, a better stock (not AR) and for someone to come up with a better trigger mechanism. The bar and sear is a poor design. Or a better made and heat treated set. Thanks Moose

UZI Talk Life Member
    Greg sent me some images of the prototype grip adapter for those who may be interested.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    That looks good. I propose a couple edits...

AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    Milling marks are not visible on aluminum after the parts or media tumbled or blasted and anodized.

Opps didn't see the text comments. That's a fine suggestion

I will likely be agreeing to buy an mk760 soon and would definitely be interested in buying some of the parts that tend to wear or break with time. Also it would be nice to get something that would make the stock lock up tight.

I have 2 S&W 76ís and would like something to make the stocks lock-up tight.
    Replacement grips as well.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thanks all. This was helpful. I will be working on getting a first run T&E parts together. Stay tuned.
    Greg

I'd be interested in a trigger bar, sear, and some of the other small parts.

My MK760 was well used by the last owner(s). It runs like a scalded cat, but some of its parts look like they've been to hell and back.

UZI Talk Supporter

Aftermarket folding stock for 76

I bought a custom made folding stock from a UT member about 6 months ago. Initially, I was a little skeptical about the durability of the design. There were only 2 available and I bought one after speaking with the member. It absolutely is a game changer in terms of having a sturdy and firm locking stock.
    Being left handed, I had reservations about the OEM stock folding up in FA fire. I no longer am concerned when other less experienced friends shoot the 76 for the first time.
    I am 100% satisfied with my purchase of the custom folder. A little expensive, but no regrets.
    https://i.ibb.co/GW4CsCz/sig-bracket.png
    Last edited by opee; 10-17-2020 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Double post

UZI Talk Supporter

Aftermarket folding stock for 76

Last edited by opee; 10-17-2020 at 10:22 PM.

I would be in for a 6" barrel and a correspondingly short barrel shroud.

The trigger bar is the known weak spot in the design of the 76. A dimensionally equivalent part made from a single piece of bar stock and hardened appropriately that would replace that riveted abomination that Smith used would be a good seller.

The rivet upon which it pivots cannot be reused indefinitely. It could be replaced with a same diameter headed pin with a retaining ring on the other end

UZI Talk Supporter
    I bought this stock, from a member, believing it would fit my MK760. Unfortunately, the plug and pin size are not correct. I would love to have this type of stock.

+ Reply to Thread