UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some photos of the welds on an unaltered Texas MAC

Need some photos of the welds on an unaltered Texas MAC

My F4 just cleared on a TX M10a1/45 back in may and I have been reading a lot about the welds on the leatherwood Guns. First off I should say that the gun came with 2 lage uppers (one legacy upper and one MK2) and so far the gun has been running nearly flawless. I will get a stovepipe once every 3-4 mags but other than that absolutely flawless. I was looking at the back of my my receiver and it kind of looks like it may have been rewelded at some point, I was hoping somebody could post pics of what an original tx weld job looked like, cant seem to find good pics on google.

UZI Talk Life Member

It is my understanding that Leatherwood tried to make the guns as inexpensively as possible. TIG welding was normally used to connect the back sight plate to the sides of the receiver. His idea was to add tabs to the back sight plate and use spot welds to tie the receiver together. If your receiver is welded in the seam where the sides of the receiver connect the back sight plate, your receiver has been repaired or upgraded. Congratulations on your new to you M10.

Scott

ETA I have a Texas M10. It came to me already upgraded/repaired. I also have a RPB M10. Both guns also have the Uzi magwell conversion. Both of them look to be TIG welded inside and out.
    Last edited by A&S Conversions; 09-17-2020 at 09:21 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Don't have a picture for you, but conventional wisdom says shoot it and repair it if it fails. if you're a regular shooter, being able to get a repark will be nice in a couple years anyways.
    Last edited by Gaujo; 09-17-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    It is my understanding that Leatherwood tried to make the guns as inexpensively as possible. TIG welding was normally used to connect the back sight plate to the sides of the receiver. His idea was to add tabs to the back sight plate and use spot welds to tie the receiver together. If your receiver is welded in the seam where the sides of the receiver connect the back sight plate, your receiver has been repaired or upgraded. Congratulations on your new to you M10.

Scott

ETA I have a Texas M10. It came to me already upgraded/repaired. I also have a RPB M10. Both guns also have the Uzi magwell conversion. Both of them look to be TIG welded inside and out.
    There definitely isn’t a spot weld.... looks flawless like the both sides were completely welded and then ground down (to the point where you can’t see a seem at all, then re parked. I would post a pic if I knew how on this board

My texas mac was tig welded all around the back plate.

I think mine was finished by SWD though.

+ Reply to Thread