UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I got the call today...

Quote Originally Posted by mattnh View Post
    Congrats - The first of many I suspect...
    I hope so!!

Quote Originally Posted by PFCFMJ View Post
    Awesome. Enjoy. I am waiting on transfer 1 of 3 for mine. Thanks for a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.
    Hang in there! The wait always sucks! Always worth the wait.

I'm on a 2 person trust and it took less than 6 months.

Range report. The Lage runs like clockwork. The 45 upper runs like a raped ape! That thing is insane! I think I need a heavier buffer spring. It's got a type of a TASK conversion in it. I filled the buffer with lead today to try to make it as heavy as possible.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice. My favorite part of subguns is building upper and modifying the components.. customize away!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

Hell yeah! I've already modded it quite a bit. Removed the A2 stock and replaced it with aMOE Carbine Fixed stock, since it went to a carbine buffer and tube I milled a half circle with a ball end mill into the end of the buffer and cleaned up the op rod a little. Then filled the buffer with lead. Still probably only 5-6oz. I'll have to find a heavier spring next to time it down a little. I'm more worried about beating the gun up than going through 45.

The dimple in the buffer helps keep the op rod in its happy place so it won't bind where it passes through the receiver.

UZI Talk Life Member

Tungsten is the material that you want in the buffer. So much more mass than lead. You also don't want a heavier spring. A heavier/stronger spring will drive the bolt back faster, speeding up the cyclic rate. If you want a collapsible style stock, I would suggest the Vltor A5 buffer system. You can get the same length of tube using a PSA AR-10 tube.

The M10 TASK system does work as well as the M11/NINE TASK system as the M10 stroke behind the bolt is much shorter. I have added so much mass to my TASK buffer, it would short stroke. I took out enough mass to get the sear to catch and still had a hard time to get singles. The next step would be to shorten the bolt and to add extra mass. But a collapsible collar would need to be added to the ejector rod so it would not fall out of the bolt.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter

My modified buffer is heavier than a H2. It's about 5oz. Still not much more than half the weight of the 8.25oz rifle buffer that was in there. The spring is a standard carbine spring. It's just what I had laying around. I might have an H3 in an AR somewhere. Not sure. Or I'll try to fi d a nice heavy PCC buffer. Or just machine myself one out of steel or tungsten.

I'd rather a rifle stock but my arms are not quite long enough to comfortably grip the Max10/31 handguard with the A2 so I went as sort as I could go while staying with a fixed stock. The MOE Carbine Fixed. I'd like to get another MOE rifle stock and see how that does on it. Then I could go back to the 8oz buffer.

[QUOTE=Edit: Last I head from the ATF they had received my F4 in early May.[/QUOTE]

Of what year?

Happy for you brother.....I am 1 month into my wait for my MAC11.....congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    Of what year?
    Received by the ATF first week of May 2020. Stamp approved Sept 15, 2020. At dealer September 30, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne118 View Post
    Happy for you brother.....I am 1 month into my wait for my MAC11.....congrats.
    Thanks man! It's a riot!

My wait was about 5 months. Hope your wait is just a short or shorter!!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Congratulations on now being a machine gun owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
    Received by the ATF first week of May 2020. Stamp approved Sept 15, 2020. At dealer September 30, 2020.
    That was kind of intended to be a joke ...

The story of my first NFA purchase ...

It was early July of 2002. I'd just completed a year-long difficult job. It was behind me and I was done. I decided to treat myself to a NIB full size Vector uzi. A guy that I found on this web site was doing a group sale from Vector for $2750 per gun. I decided to go for it, even though I couldn't believe I was paying that much for a firearm. I got a hold of the dealer in Florida, Keith, and said I wanted in. He told me to find an FFL in my state (Virginia) for him to transfer the gun to. I found a guy, John, close to where I live and made an appointment. The guy offered to help me fill out the paperwork once the gun transferred to him. The guy literally had at least two of almost every machine gun you can think of. He said that he'd heard that Fairfax county, where I live, had some kind of survey you have to complete before the Sheriff signs.

So a couple weeks go by Vector sells out of full sized uzis. The price jumps to $4000. I call Keith to ask about what's up with my gun. 'Yes, I have it, but I'm having some problem renewing my FFL call me back next week'. Next time around 'I'm still working with ATF on my FFL' Next time -- 'I can't send it right now because there's been a death in the family'. Another week later 'I'm so busy with my job that I can't get to the Post Office ... would you like your money back?' So I call John and explain the situation and he says 'I'll straighten this asshole out for you'. A few weeks later he calls and says 'I've got your gun, come by and we'll fill out the paperwork'.

I fill out the paperwork, get the passport photos, and go to the Police Department to get fingerprinted. I then call the Sheriff's office and explain that I want the Sheriff to sign the form, but I've heard there's a survey that needs to be filled out. "Nope, never heard of any survey'. So I send it in and six weeks later it comes back, unsigned, with a note saying please fill out the enclosed survey. There's questions about my back ground, do I own a gun safe, do I have children in the house, etc. So I fill it out and six weeks later my signed form comes back.

I send the $200 check, forms and photos to Chicago. The check gets cashed almost instantly. The government is efficient at some things. Months go by and once again its early July -- a year later. I get a call from John -- your forms have been processed, come pick up your gun. Its July 3. Over the past year I've bought ammo, mags, spare parts kits, etc. I head to his office with about 10 loaded mags in the car. He tells me the last step is to go through NICS. WTF? Hasn't the FBI been checking me out for the last half a year? And at that time, I NEVER cleared NICS on the first try. Sure enough, I don't clear and they tell him they'll call back. A couple hours pass. Finally, John says he'll call them back. Sorry, our system is down and we'll be closed for July fourth. So, I go home, empty handed. On the fifth of July, I finally have the gun in hand and head down to the local range where I promptly shoot the floor learning what the term 'open bolt' means.

As this process drug on, I got my wife pregnant and she had the baby in mid-June of that year. The takeaway I got was that it’s quicker to create a human being than it is to buy a machine gun.

The entire NICS thing with an NFA purchase is a joke and another list.

My first NFA item was 13 months of waiting. It did come in on my birthday so that was cool! My girlfriend worked at the shop I bought the can from, also bought it from her which is how we met, and gave me that glorious paperwork as part of my birthday present. I was so excited I missed the rest of the evening by getting my can to take home. She still puts up with me and my hobbies. I think she is a keeper.

+ Reply to Thread