UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Semi-auto M11 parts compatability

Semi-auto M11 parts compatability

I want to buy a semi-auto Cobray M11 pistol. I may get a stamp to SBR it, in which case I would want to put a stock on it. Do the semi-auto pistols have any limitation on what stocks will work with them, as compared to the full-autos and/or rifles? Any others parts issues I should be aware of?

I would think there are very few choices... There are no holes on the back for the smg stocks..

I have seen a semi stock that hooks onto the rear site hole, it is very clever how it works.. I can get pics if necessary

you'd probably be better off getting a rifle version and getting a short barrel replacement and sbr it that way?

UZI Talk Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
    If you have some machining skills you *may* be able to make some stocks fit. However, depending on the type of stock you want to use you can buy or make an external adapter to fit it to the semi M11/9 with MUCH less effort. For example, AR15 external stock adapters work very well if you want that type of stock.
    Just make sure to get that paperwork approved before doing anything.
    BTW, semi M11/9's make accurate pistol caliber carbines with the addition of a stock and rifle length upper...no paperwork required. Just keep the overall length regulations in mind.

Any particular reason you want a semi M11? There are far better options in terms of ergos, parts support, and shoot-ability.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Some people just like to own iconic movie-recognizable guns
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

Thanks guys, good to know. I might get a rifle then; I see that pistol-length threaded barrels are available. Do you know if the Stormwerkz stock adapter will fit a pistol? I was leaning towards that. If it doesn't, then I'll go the rifle route.

Is this what I want? I guess I'll need to pull the front sight off the shroud and weld it onto the recevier?

@TheStig: I just think they're neat, but I don't want to pay thousands for a full-auto.
    Last edited by ThrowBreadOnMe; 10-07-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Any particular reason you want a semi M11? There are far better options in terms of ergos, parts support, and shoot-ability.
    Because they’re cool!

There are a few adapters which will allow you to install a brace or stock. The sear plate on the S/A's really is what prohibits use of the standard mounts for F/A guns. They bolt through the bottom of the receiver like this from Usmachinegun

Or if your handy with a tig welder and have a steel stock... could just mount it direct to the receiver ��

Quote Originally Posted by fortyfive1911a1 View Post
    Because they’re cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrowBreadOnMe View Post
    @TheStig: I just think they're neat, but I don't want to pay thousands for a full-auto.
    Fair enough gentlemen, I just thought I would bring it up as we are in an absolute renaissance of pistol caliber carbines, especially with the modern brace allowing for short barrels without being an NFA item.

+ Reply to Thread