$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Explain how this is legal

USA or if you're a Hamasnik lurker, Judea and Samaria Israel

Explain how this is legal

https://revfilters.com/

The on boxing video sure makes it look like it comes out of the box drilled on the end cap

UZI Talk Supporter

Executive Member
    You're playing with fire here
    Vector UZI SMG

If you got the dimensions first, complete a Form 1 and have it approved, THEN order the "filter", you would be legal.

I am surprised that those sites are not closed down for false advertisement alone, since that filter has zero abilities to clean fuel. And for selling a 95% suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    If you got the dimensions first, complete a Form 1 and have it approved, THEN order the "filter", you would be legal.

I am surprised that those sites are not closed down for false advertisement alone, since that filter has zero abilities to clean fuel. And for selling a 95% suppressor.
    Not really, it would have to be a form 4 since you are not the maker of the firearm. But even then, it would first need to be registered on a form 2 by an SOT and engraved with serial number, etc.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I run a lot of dirty ethanol so I'm going to need 2 of these. 1 - 1/2x28 and 1- 5/8x24, $130 bucks should be clean enough.

Foreign shell company not concerned with U.S. laws. If you search the address it's a defunct dry cleaner.
    Last edited by TSPC; 10-11-2020 at 12:35 PM.

So where are these cheap ones that are “better” than the us one I posted below.

The picture in google earth is a dirt lot thats fenced in. Dont know how old the pic is. May be a shiney new building selling "tuner car parts" in kalifornia... would be leary of a company like this.

First off, to be clear. 80% suppressors are ILLEGAL! If you wish to modify something to use as a suppressor you HAVE to apply for and be approved for a form 1 with the batf. As solvent traps are semi legitimate, they are not regulated. They can easily be modified to be used as a suppressor. How do you know what company to buy from? Dont buy from anybody that is tacky! Orders from china are a no no. Often will be stopped at the border. Rule of thumb (in my opinion) is buy from a reputable seller that also sells other firearms or accessories. I bought a titanium tube and caps from sd tactical. Am making my own guts for it. Just search solvent traps, and buy at your own risk.
    whatever you do, do it legally. If you think its worth it to pay $50 for chinese junk plus a $250 tax... your thing.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If someone wants to do something illegal, they don't need a fuel filter or solvent trap

Buy is the way JK Armament doing it okay? Theirs is certainly less than 80% since the whole thing needs drilled, not just one cap.

https://www.jkarmament.com/products/category/traps

Quote Originally Posted by jericho941 View Post
    Not playing, just asking since I saw it advertised on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by dustindu4 View Post
    You're playing with fire here

So far, it is the kits featuring dimpled endcaps that the ATF has been actively rounding up. That feature makes it "readily convertible" and therefore already constitutes an unregistered suppressor in the eyes of the ATF, so it would be contraband regardless of whether or not you had an approved Form 1 in hand.

The JKarmament kit you linked to appears to be a legally allowable design as of right now but who knows how the powers that be will decide to regulate these things tomorrow. Lots of future uncertainty here.

Distal Radius?
    Looks like both bones forearm to me...

UZI Talk Supporter
    They aren't legal....that's why HSI, Customs, and ATF have been rounding them up.

It doesn't matter if there is a dimple, or hole in your endcap or not.....a functional monocore is a silencer (by its self).....

This whole generation of people being able to just pop on to the internet, and by an 80% supp.....ummmmm....I mean "solvent trap", have no idea how the laws could actually be enforced.

20 years ago, people with registered suppressors were hesitant to have a few spare hockey pucks to make wipes out of

Thanks guys. For the record I knew this one was BS. Just so blatant.

+ Reply to Thread