UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vector Uzi smg jams

UZI Talk Supporter

Executive Member
    Looks like Numrich found more kits. Very good to excellent is more like fair. My 2 kits were pretty ugly
    Vector UZI SMG

UZI Talk Supporter

Full auto mini uzi open
    bolt works in a full sized UZI get the one with the forward legs, you won't like the going price in today's market. I have never noticed a shortage of full sized UZI machine gun bolts. If you have a transferable Vector UZI SMG that means you waited close to a year for it. Up till last Feb you had all the time before that to fill a basement full of 124gr Nato ammo.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by David Hineline View Post
    Full auto mini uzi open
    bolt works in a full sized UZI get the one with the forward legs, you won't like the going price in today's market. I have never noticed a shortage of full sized UZI machine gun bolts. If you have a transferable Vector UZI SMG that means you waited close to a year for it. Up till last Feb you had all the time before that to fill a basement full of 124gr Nato ammo.
    I couldn't have said that better myself. I bought a full sized Vector NIB from Vector 20 years ago. Process took over a year -- a lot due to the crooked FFL in Florida who arranged the purchase. By the time that gun arrived, I was swimming in ammo, mags and spare parts. I just got an email from gunprime -- they're selling cases of PMC Bronze 115 grain 9mm for $730. And its got 8 dumbasses who wrote glowing reviews about what a bargain that is in 'these days".

That gun should shoot 115 grain ammo just fine. Uzis don't like any projectile that isn't a standard ball shape. So don't use HP or flat nose ammo. Use surplus mags -- they're better than anything after market. My gun has been 100% reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkcop View Post
    It's not a NIB Vector and gunsmith initial examination he said it was dry and to use 124 grain ammo. But sh*t your lucky to find any ammo. I always thought Uzi's would feed anything. I've also been looking for a spare bolt with no luck.
    Try spraying a decent bit of oil in it, as your gunsmith seems to imply, and giving it another try. I have had generally good luck with all types of commercially available 115 and 124 grain ammo in a Vector SMG, including WWB and Remington UMC.

Another quick test that could help you diagnose any issues. Make sure gun is unloaded. Remove recoil spring, and insert bolt. With selector on full auto, hold trigger to the rear and tip the gun forward and back so the bolt moves forward and back on its own gravity. Look to ensure there are no hangups as the bolt moves forward and back. If it slides freely, then that's obviously a good thing. Also try this with the top cover off so you can actually see the top of the bolt moving.

My gunsmith thinks this Vector Uzi is not in alignment. The seller said it functioned fine. It obviously does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkcop View Post
    My gunsmith thinks this Vector Uzi is not in alignment. The seller said it functioned fine. It obviously does not.
    That sucks, but it is fixable.

UZI Talk Supporter

Executive Member
    Just call BWE or Stan Andrewski and find out who can fix it soonest
    Vector UZI SMG

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Quote Originally Posted by dustindu4 View Post
    Just call BWE or Stan Andrewski and find out who can fix it soonest
    That would be John Andrewski
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

UZI Talk Life Member
    My gunsmith thinks this Vector Uzi is not in alignment.
    I'm sorry. But either it is or it isn't. With all due respect to your smith, other than owning/shooting Uzis, how much experience does he have WORKING on or BUILDING them?

The seller is either lying or they're not. I'd give them the third degree. Yes, Vector guns have a reputation. But as others have indicated, they're fixable. Was it working and then started to fail? Dig a bit more with that seller. So far I'm not convinced your gun is out of spec.

Check your extractor. I had an IMI with a Group bolt that wouldn't feed. Remove the extractor completely. See if it will feed.
    I adjusted mine and it ran like a top. That was after TWO long time gunsmiths worked on it for days and couldn't figure it out.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Supporter
    I'd cover the inside and bolt in either blue sharpie or dykum and see where it is rubbing and as mentioned check for loose rivet on the ejector.

I'd also check the trunion for alignment.

It would be very wise to pick up a few parts kits also there are no more to be imported.

This will give you any spare part your FA gun should need in the future.

As far as ammo? well lets just say if you haven't bought all you need by now you missed the boat, that boat has not only sailed, but was hit by a U boat and sunk as far as price goes.

My UZI eats everything but they are 99.9% reloads and not available in stores or amazon.

Not SMG's, but I have a Vector full size and a Mini that has been flawless since the day I've bought them.
    Not bragging. Maybe in lucky?
    I don't have an answer. I wish I did.
    Also, both of these work fine with Winchester white box. Go figure.

I mainly shoot WWB 115 in my Uzi and it never fails. At least with the original barrel. I tried an aftermarket barrel and it would not feed correctly with any ammo. It turned out that the chamber was very tight and the rounds were "sticking." Once fired, the bolt slowed down enough to barely eject the brass. It then did not have enough rearward motion to pick up the next round. I just stuck the original barrel back on (the rounds rattle around in the chamber) and it worked fine.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Not an Uzi, but several years ago I had a Spanish copy of a S&W Model 10. When I got it, it wouldn't fire. I checked EVERYTHING, and nothing worked! I don't remember why, but I changed grips (standard wood to Pachmyr) and it functioned 100%. The screw on the original wood grips was resting against the mainspring, causing the problem.
    Sometimes it's hard to pin down a random problem, but keep looking; sooner or later, you'll find it.

+ Reply to Thread