UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CM11 Barrel Question

CM11 Barrel Question

Hoping to get some information. I just added the Stormwerkz Rail and a CT RDS to my Leinad Cobray CM11. It is now a pretty dandy accurate carbine and with a 50 round Shockwave ZMag, even more fun. Does anybody out there know if it is possible to get a threaded replacement barrel so I can use my suppressor with it?
    Thanks in advance,
    BDTX

This should work for ya. or take your barrel to a gunsmith
    https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/9mm...readed-barrel/

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    This should work for ya. or take your barrel to a gunsmith
    https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/9mm...readed-barrel/
    Thanks for the response and the link, and I apologize for what may be a "newbie" question, but as CM-11's are all post ban, before I spend some money on a threaded barrel, the original barrel should be removable with the right wrenches correct? And then the new barrel should just be the reverse to install? Any possible issues with headspacing or things such as that when doing the swap?
    Thanks!

I just unscrew them and screw them back in. Some times they are pinned or loc-tite'd.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    I just unscrew them and screw them back in. Some times they are pinned or loc-tite'd.
    Thanks Cap'n. Sorry for the delayed response.
    .E

UZI Talk Supporter
    A thread on how I did it Post # 10.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...bqrrel+removal

And another forum member using my method on a M11/9

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...A1-barrel-off&

I've since done a few other uppers with said blocks since 2013

UZI Talk Supporter

I dont know for sure, but I think that if that weapon was registered as a rifle (carbine) when it left the factory and you now put a pistol upper or shorter than 16" barrel on it you may have made a SBR.
    Now if you are wanting a threaded carbine length barrel *maybe* that would be okay.
    Someone smarter than me can correct me if I am wrong...and I may very well be wrong.

I used to know this stuff, but age takes its liberties on my mind from time to time.

I can say that any mac type weapon is a completely different animal when you put a carbine upper on it.
    They have become my favorite flavor set up over the past few years.
    Last edited by BlackBelt; 01-02-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBelt View Post
    I dont know for sure, but I think that if that weapon was registered as a rifle (carbine) when it left the factory and you now put a pistol upper or shorter than 16" barrel on it you may have made a SBR.
    Now if you are wanting a threaded carbine length barrel *maybe* that would be okay.
    Someone smarter than me can correct me if I am wrong...and I may very well be wrong.

I used to know this stuff, but age takes its liberties on my mind from time to time.

I can say that any mac type weapon is a completely different animal when you put a carbine upper on it.
    They have become my favorite flavor set up over the past few years.
    Thanks for the response and I agree with you. Just to clarify, I never said I wanted a shorter barrel for my CM-11. I said I wanted a "threaded" barrel for my CM11, so that I could use my suppressor.

+ Reply to Thread