UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help with values

UZI Talk Life Member

Need some help with values

Long story short, relative of a relative passed away and I'm trying to help the family.

Here is most of his ammo stash.

I'm trying to get some idea as to value.

I know shipping would be a probable deal breaker, so I'm figuring on local sales (OK/North TX).

Any help in the valuation department would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
    Attached Images      
    Common Sense is the Least Common of all Man's Senses.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thats gonna take some time.....

the stenciled markings on the boxes are a start, but don't mean much....

for instance....is the 1920rds .30 cal carbine 1950's LC, new commercial, or recent S. Korean surplus?

Same goes for the 7.62 and 5.56.....origin and manufacturer/age make a difference.

I'd see if any is still in its original packaging first.....then you can get a better idea of value.

You've got your work cut out for you......I've been trying to sell a good quantity of 7.62 locally......don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping, but I'm surrounded by cheap-asses who want me to meet them half way to their place and sell for give-away pricing

Shipping is easy. It's just not cheap. Right now is probably the best time to be selling ammo in many years. If it were me I'd throw that ammo up on Gunbroker (actually if I were you I'd just buy it all if the price were right) and make a killing on it. Charge the buyer for shipping.

UZI Talk Supporter
    From kali to PA shipping on 500 rounds of 308/7.62x51 was 38 dollars last July

That was commercial ammo in the winchester, pmc, & black rain 20 round boxes.

So shipping isn't really a deal breaker but needs paid by the buyer.

Also ammo has to ship from a ups hub.

Now is a good time to sell, agreed date of mfg. production name, and even sometimes lot number matter with mil sure.

Good luck with the sale.
    I'd be interested in some m1 30 cal. When you get to it so long as it's reloadable and more then likely it is.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Im am in north TX and would be interested in it, depending on pricing
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    I sold a ton of 762x25 this spring in the 1260 round tins. I found the best way to ship is to go to UPS.com and search up 'Simple Rate' (https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/s...mple-rate.page). It's a trade name for their flat rate shipping program. You can ship up to 50 pounds for under $25 across the country (no AK and HI), less if the box is smaller. You get $100 insurance and they take ammo without any extra charges. I shipped tins of ammo as far as California for $18. You fill in the details and pay for it online and print your own shipping label. Because it's ammo you do have to drop it off at a UPS terminal, you can't use the UPS Stores or drop boxes. Don't even think about asking at the UPS Store or their terminals, they know nothing about it.

I'd be willing to pay pre PLANdemic prices for ammo as long as I know origin, condition, etc. Unfortunately on the seller side, many of us are holding out for prices to normalize again.

5.56, 7.62 Russian, Tokarev, 9mm, 45ACP, 5.45x39mm mostly what I'm interested in. Can't quite see what all is in the photo on mobile.

I bet those nice cases are not full of their original ammunition. Regardless, it's going to be worth good money right now. You need to be willing to ship if you're going to get the current market prices.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Probably make a killing putting it in an auction setting.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

+ Reply to Thread