UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aimpoint T2 micro

UZI Talk Life Member

Aimpoint T2 micro

Hi all,
    I just received a Aimpoint Micro T2 red dot sight. Put it on weapon and i see dot i am supposed to but i also see two reflections. Any idea what this is? Some guys on another forum sai flip sight cover on or off, same problem both ways. Another guy suggested buying a Tango Down cover for sight.

Thanks

Kevin

Engineered reflective coating on the glass, necessary to extend the battery life to 50,000 hours.

Indoor lighting tends to make it more noticeable.

Go shoot outdoors. Once outdoors and shooting, you probably will not notice it.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldBesty View Post
    Engineered reflective coating on the glass, necessary to extend the battery life to 50,000 hours.

Indoor lighting tends to make it more noticeable.

Go shoot outdoors. Once outdoors and shooting, you probably will not notice it.
    Thanks Old Betsy, have not been out with it yet. Just got almost 2 feet of snow. Will let you know.

Kevin

I love my T2. Battery life is insane. A local SOT here leaves his on all the time. He has had it for years and it is still on the original battery.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I have a lot of trouble with "starbursts" due to astigmatism. Not sure if that is what you are meaning by "reflections."
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    I have a lot of trouble with "starbursts" due to astigmatism. Not sure if that is what you are meaning by "reflections."
    Not sure Jmacken. I wear reading glasses but usually would shoot without glasses. I need to get outside and try it.

Kevin

I wear glasses all the time and I haven't noticed anything but the small dot on mine.

I hope everyone is wearing eye protection. Ordinary prescription glasses and safety glasses will not correct astigmatism.

If the red dot is "crisp and clean" in appearance (and you are simply seeing reflections of a "crisp and clean" dot), it is not likely to be problem of astigmatism.

If you think it is astigmatism, you can verify by utilizing and gazing through small aperture of a rear peep sight.

__________________________________________________ ____

To achieve extended battery life, the optic is engineered utilizing a low voltage diode that shines very dim; coatings on the glass are very efficient in reflecting visible light in spectrum of "red" wave length, and the glass is also tilted to facilitate this; hence the tendency for "red dot" reflection(s).

It's normal for the reflection(s) to be more noticeable in the indoor environment and when lighting is predominately behind you. Killflash ARD is NOT going to help it.

I would take the optic outside and check it in daylight. You do not necessarily have to go shooting with it. If you can't longer see the reflections or they least become hardly noticeable, then you have your answer. If the reflections are still too intense and problematic, I would suggest returning/exchanging the optic if possible, or contacting Aimpoint CS. It can be something is out of spec (e.g., glass tilt angle, diode out of position, reflective coating thickness, etc). I am confident Aimpoint CS will take good care of you.

Aaron

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Have someone with good vision confirm what you're seeing. I've had people report similar things about red dots that are crisp and clear to me.

+ Reply to Thread