UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looks like USBarrelshrouds has some Sears

UZI Talk Supporter

Looks like USBarrelshrouds has some Sears

Semi Auto Sears
    https://shop.usbarrelshrouds.com/-NE...OCK-_p_99.html

Not low cost but maybe available for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up!

I was planning to cut up my original sear for an Uzi pistol build. Decided to go with one of these instead for simplicity + an extra US part. When BWE has them in stock they're almost double this price so comparatively it's not too bad.

About time!

UZI Talk Supporter

I got mine. Looks good. Will be awhile until I actually use it.

Delay is health related not hardware related.

And ........... Sold out

Thanks for the heads up. I bought one before they sold out. All of the sudden, $70 shipped isnít so bad, as itís better than no sear. Iíd been passively looking for one for a while now and these were the first Iíd seen on a couple of years at least.

I had tried one of those made from a f/a sear, but the foot is too short on those, allowing the striker to slip, which can be exciting but not in a good way. These sears appear to have been made correctly to s/a specs.

Minor rant: how in the world do you get the trigger group together without three hands and a bunch of foul language? Getting the springs to stay in place while trying to line up the pins is frustrating. And then why are the springs made at the absolute minimum length possible? Iím using a set of springs from an IMI SMG parts kit. One leg on the trigger spring and one on the sear spring refuse to stay in place. I get the thing put together and they pop out, every time. They each need to be about 1/16Ē longer. Why does that seem to be the usual way with these things? The trigger spring seems to be a regular one with this issue, as Iíve run into it before. The sear spring is a new one, but this leg of the spring appears to be slightly shorter than the other. Is this normal? Is there a different spring for the s/a parts? Iíve given up for the night. Any suggestions? See below.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I had similar issues with my Norinco and ended up buying new ones, they are staying put now. That was awhile back but I do remember they weren't old subgun ones.

I was confused by the sears, because none of my German contract Grip assembly did not have the trigger spring retainer (W spring).
    The disconnector is not the C shape. so my parts fall into the "old" style
    In the Uzi Fire control group the following parts have to be used together.
    From the BWE sub forum:
    Parts that are not listed are not used or the same in both groups.

Old Style:
    Old Style Sear
    Old Style Disconnector
    Old Style Trigger Spring
    Trigger Spring Retainer

New Style:
    New Style Sear
    New Style Disconnector
    New Style Trigger Spring
    Disconnector Stop

Does the forum recommend adding the trigger spring retainer as shown in the Garrett's (small circle) pic? or did IMI omit them as being not needed?

My assemblies look like the pic below.

I am using the USBarrel Shroud sears.
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Life Member
    ^^^^This, watched a video Richard at BWE made and figured out I was mixing old and new. The video helped me get it working correctly.

I was just wondering how the German contract guns got away without using the trigger spring retainer. I think I will just add one and be done.
    I'm using the US Barrel Shrouds Sear -seems to be for what BWE calls Old style parts.
    Which our Mil Surp parts kits fall into, vs the IWI Semi's that are New parts.
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread