UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pricing an M10 semi auto open bolt for an estate

Instead of being "illegal" or a SBR at one time could it just have a pistol length upper installed?

In the photo it looks to have a barrel shroud thingy but we don't know it's length and it very well could be a full 16" barrel in there.

I personally think it's a really cool piece and I'd snap it up if it were available to me. I've been wanting to start collecting old open bolt semis for a while now.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Probably had a prototype arm brace.

Don't worry, be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
    Instead of being "illegal" or a SBR at one time could it just have a pistol length upper installed?

In the photo it looks to have a barrel shroud thingy but we don't know it's length and it very well could be a full 16" barrel in there.

I personally think it's a really cool piece and I'd snap it up if it were available to me. I've been wanting to start collecting old open bolt semis for a while now.
    Putting a pistol upper on a gun that was manufactured as a rifle makes it an SBR. even without a stock.

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Putting a pistol upper on a gun that was manufactured as a rifle makes it an SBR. even without a stock.
    Makes it an AOW, since it is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.
    NFA Firearms: In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Makes it an AOW, since it is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.
    No. It makes it an SBR. look at the definition of SBR in the NFA. If you take a firearm that was manufactured as a rifle and shorten the barrel below 16", it is an SBR, even without a stock.

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    No. It makes it an SBR. look at the definition of SBR in the NFA. If you take a firearm that was manufactured as a rifle and shorten the barrel below 16", it is an SBR, even without a stock.
    Yeah, if you look at the definition, it says it has to be intended to be fired from the shoulder, just like I said.
    NFA Firearms: In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

Do we know it wasn't originally transferred or built as a rifle vs a pistol? I havnt seen any proof either way. Could very well be a pistol especially with what folks have been saying about the stock and how it shouldn't be able to accept one.

Not fully correct. Look at the Thompson Contender.

I do believe those are now "other" when transferred.

+ Reply to Thread