UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: New Mac 10 owner! (9mm Police Model)

New Mac 10 owner! (9mm Police Model)

I have just brought home my Mac 10 9mm Police model. It's my first machine gun. I got into the gun hobby a few years ago and I found myself taking guns apart to see what makes them tick. Machine guns have always amazed me since I was a kid. An associate of mine shared his Mac 10 .45 with me at the range years ago and I decided to finally buy one. My gun came in it's original box from Mac and is dated 1971, but the serial number says it's a 1972 model. The gun was presented as new and never fired. It sure looks like it's new to me. I took it apart, and it looks to have never been fired. I have no ego to bruise, so I hope to ask plenty of dumb questions.
    Attached Images      

UZI Talk Supporter

First thing, welcome to the forums.
    Second thing, SWEET score on getting that M10!!!
    Congrats!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Congratulations brother. Sorry ammo is expensive right now. Hope you stick around and share your experiences.

Does it belong in a museum?

I am ashamed to ask people if I should shoot it? It's 50 years old! Even the buffer pad is perfect. I am stuck staring at it!

Thanks for the welcome!

UZI Talk Supporter

Everybody has their opinions, but I say shoot it. Shoot the snot out of it and enjoy yourself!
    The M10/9 is a smooth shooting weapon.
    A couple of pointers: get a good vertical foregrip so you dont ventilate your hand. It has happened in the past. I bought one a couple of weeks ago from US Machinegun and it is rock solid.
    Second thing is to go ahead and start sourcing magazines before any silly bans might happen.
    Congrats again!

Welcome. Nicest looking Ingram of any type I've seen pictured outside of "The MAC Man". The blue finish is way better looking than the common parkerizing.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but is the 'Trigger Torsion Spring' missing?

UZI Talk Life Member

Be sure and change the buffer before you do. So did you buy it to sit in the safe or to shoot? Your gun is more of a collector's piece than the usual M10. Did you pay extra for the model and condition? I would imagine there would be a collector willing to pay a premium for it in this condition. The original MAC guns didn't have reinforcement tabs on the inside of the receiver to strengthen the front pin hole. Congratulations on your transfer. I would suggest the MAC Man book.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    Welcome! Where is the avatar from?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBelt View Post
    Everybody has their opinions, but I say shoot it. Shoot the snot out of it and enjoy yourself!
    The M10/9 is a smooth shooting weapon.
    A couple of pointers: get a good vertical foregrip so you dont ventilate your hand. It has happened in the past. I bought one a couple of weeks ago from US Machinegun and it is rock solid.
    Second thing is to go ahead and start sourcing magazines before any silly bans might happen.
    Congrats again!
    Thanks for the encouragement! I will shoot it eventually. I am looking at grips as well. I have a Viper-9 in ATF prison and was hoping to use that as my grip. Looking at more magazines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    Welcome. Nicest looking Ingram of any type I've seen pictured outside of "The MAC Man". The blue finish is way better looking than the common parkerizing.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but is the 'Trigger Torsion Spring' missing?
    I am very glad you just asked that question!! My gun does not have a torsion spring. It has a spring loaded pin coming from the rear of the trigger. I cannot not find my trigger setup in any pictures or diagrams. No parts are offered as replacement either. I will have to make this a separate thread discussion. Maybe it's an early design?
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by tollytime; 11-15-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    Be sure and change the buffer before you do. So did you buy it to sit in the safe or to shoot? Your gun is more of a collector's piece than the usual M10. Did you pay extra for the model and condition? I would imagine there would be a collector willing to pay a premium for it in this condition. The original MAC guns didn't have reinforcement tabs on the inside of the receiver to strengthen the front pin hole. Congratulations on your transfer. I would suggest the MAC Man book.

Scott
    I ordered a new buffer pad and the book is on the coffee table. I will start reading it.

Very nice! I've never seen a police model in person.
    Check your buffer. If it's mushy or cracked replace it before shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Welcome! Where is the avatar from?
    LOL!! That's a screen shot from a popular 90's anime series called Cowboy Bebop. It's about off-world bounty hunters in the year 2071. This particular episode is "Space Warriors" and some eco-terrorist are killing wealthy whale meat dealers. They all seem to carry MAC-10 machine guns. They all wear these rodent head covers.
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by tollytime; 11-15-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher View Post
    Very nice! I've never seen a police model in person.
    Check your buffer. If it's mushy or cracked replace it before shooting.
    I'm gonna replace, but it does look like new.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Get it dirty - You know you want to,
    Lol

Congrats!

It's purdy! That blued finish and my CDO on fingerprints would drive me nuts!

Can't wait for the range report!

Wow. Your first machine gun is a Rare One. Not many of those out in the world NIB. Yea, I would have to put it up if it was in my collection. Some of those came with a matching numbered suppressor. My shooter is a M-11/9MM.Many different ways to enjoy it. Shoot it if you want to and don't look back.

Nice piece, after you shoot it and get over the nib thing. The uzi conversion is a nice modification for good mags and you can now also shoot 45acp

UZI Talk Supporter
    If it were mine I'd shoot but not abuse.
    Unless bought as pure collectable.

You defiantly have a real collectable there being you have the box and all.

Mind me asking how you ran across it?
    Private sector or internet find? I only ask because the blued ones don't show up to often on GB or dealer sites that i am aware of.

Really really cool piece.
    My CDO would kill me on the large smooth blued surfaces too.
    Cure that with a rubber grip and lage upper so there isn't so much to wipe down

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    If it were mine I'd shoot but not abuse.
    Unless bought as pure collectable.

You defiantly have a real collectable there being you have the box and all.

Mind me asking how you ran across it?
    Private sector or internet find? I only ask because the blued ones don't show up to often on GB or dealer sites that i am aware of.

Really really cool piece.
    My CDO would kill me on the large smooth blued surfaces too.
    Cure that with a rubber grip and lage upper so there isn't so much to wipe down
    I found it on Gun Broker. I happily paid too much! I bought it through Jonathan Babb. Jonathan was great! He sent me a ton of pictures and answered all my questions. He has done tutorials about e-form with Larry Vickers on You-Tube. My gun was cleared by the ATF and shipped to my dealer in record time. I could call him at anytime if I had any questions. There are a few "blue ones" on GB right now. I plan on keeping it original. I have learned more about this gun in the past 12 hours from you guys than any online source.
    I have been warned not to shoot it without a grip! I may buy a grip or use a Viper-9 suppressor. I really want to keep it original. Sadly, I purchased the Gemtech Viper-9 instead of having a factory Sionics suppressor rebuilt. Maybe later, I'll invest in one. My Viper-9 tax stamp will hopefully come soon.
    I remember McQ from 1974! John Wayne in is green Trans Am and "borrowing" a Mac-10 Police Model with a compliment of loaded magazines in a duffle bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpqcy4f0AFE

+ Reply to Thread