UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TAURUS TX22 - PROBLEMS - CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS

That is awesome that it is working out. It is strange that all I got from Taurus was a lack of concern, and high blood pressure from trying to go the traditional route of contacting customer service. When I contacted the BBB, the waters parted and my problem was solved immediately and professionally. I guess that their company is afraid of negative reviews on the BBB website. It is a shame that it took that, but it is what it is. I am glad they are sending you a new piece, hope it turns out to be a great plinker for you.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Yesterday I called Keltec. On my new P17, that little rear site elevation adjusting screw backed out and went missing while I was shooting on Sunday. Keltec answered the phone right away, asked how they could help. I told him what happened and his immediate response was - "We'll send you another one today, what's your name and address?" I gave it to him and requested 2 in case it happened again. "No problem" he said. Never asked me for any info, serial number or where, when I got the gun. EXACT OPPOSITE of how Taurus handled my issue. I've spoken to Kevin at Taurus 4 times and each time it was like talking to a dummy. I swear he was reading from a script.

It's too bad I had to invest so much time and effort but I wasn't going to let Taurus get away with this. I like the tx22 so much otherwise I'd have sold it and moved on. Hopefully the new one will run.

David

Glad you got that sorted. Wish you had been spared the frustration and having to file BBB complaint.

Been interested in a few Taurus models for some time, but always held back due to concerns regarding cheaper engineering and quality, especially when it results in catastrophic malfunctions that become potential safety issues.

How many rounds do you guys have through your TX22's? I have seen reports and photos of chunks of metal breaking off the front of the slide when they get higher in round count. That does not exactly instill confidence.

Also, anyone seeing problems with repeat squibs?

UZI Talk Supporter
    I had about 4,000 rounds through mine before my problems got real bad. The upside to the tx22 is it's price point. I've seen and read about those issues too.....cracked slides and all.

I paid my hard earned $ for a new gun that I took good care of. If it doesn't work it's not my fault, I want it fixed or replaced. Taurus advertises a lifetime warranty. For me, I will never deal with Taurus again. I'd probably suggest to you OldBesty, if you want a Taurus buy a used one for cheap money and then if it doesn't function, dump it. Good luck and be safe.

David

I hear you.

Had nightmare experience with SIG customer service about 8 years back; brand new 1st gen P290 broke first time at the range. They shipped it back to me with damage to the slide and muzzle crown. I was livid and went through a lot of frustration to get them to correct it. Then it sat forever at their facility... I had to demand upper management involvement. They offered 1 free mag for my troubles. They refused to offer up the trigger upgrade, and I wasn't interested to invest another $100 in it at that point.

I don't know if it would have made difference, but now I wish I had done a BBB complaint. That was very smart move to do it on your part.

Good luck with new TX22 when you get it.

Aaron
    Last edited by OldBesty; 12-02-2020 at 03:36 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thanks Aaron.....glockman gets the credit for the BBB thing. He's the one who alerted it to me. A well known company like Sig did that? Hard to believe. I'm a little guy in business and I always make it right with my customers.

David

Thumbs up, glockman.

Gonna BBB complaint if ever encounter excess difficulty again.

+ Reply to Thread