UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TAURUS TX22 - PROBLEMS - CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS

UZI Talk Supporter

TAURUS TX22 - PROBLEMS - CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS

I'm curious, how do your Taurus TX22's run? I bought one 5 months ago and have had nothing but problems with it.

Here are the issues - After firing a round the spent case coming out jams against the new round going in, jamming & locking the slide midway. The side of the new round dented considerably. I have 12 new mags and it doesn't matter which one I use. I've taken all of them apart, checked for burrs and cleaned them - same issues.

[IMG][/IMG]

I sent it back to Taurus and they replaced the barrel, extractor, and recoil spring. Got it back after 2 months, same problems. Called Taurus and sent it back to them - this time they replaced the firing pin & spring, extractor (again) extractor spring, and recoil assembly (again) - Got it back last week, same problem. I called Taurus and wanted to speak with a tech. Nope they said, none is available. Let me speak to a supervisor, nope, but one will call you back in 24 - 48 hours. 2 days later I spoke to a manager (Kevin). Told him I wanted a new gun that this one is a POS that your techs can't fix. Best he could do was to send me a return shipping label and send it back, again. It's going back today for the 3rd time. I'm not hopeful, based on my conversation with Kevin (an idiot by the way) that I'll get it replaced. I wanted to speak to the owner of the co. but of course that won't happen. Taurus has a surprisingly inefficient way of customer service/satisfaction. They should take lessons from Ruger. I really like this gun otherwise I'd just sell it.

Anyone have any ideas what this gun needs (besides a different maker)? I'm at wits end.

Thanks for any help,
    David

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    You haven't mentioned if you used any different brands of ammo. I would get a box of mini mag or stingers and try them. Appears you need round nose ammo stay away from anything that has ridges
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits are in stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

UZI Talk Supporter
    Yea, sorry I forgot that tidbit of info - I've tried it all, Federal Automatch, cci mini mags, cci high velocity, Blazer high velocity and even expensive Lapua. Round nose, plated and hollow points. Taurus recommends cci.

I sent Taurus a Raging Bull Magnum that I needed the hammer replaced on. Had the same customer service issues. I had to eventually file a complaint with the BBB to get them to actually do anything with my revolver. I was told it could take up to 12 weeks to get my revolver back to me, so I thought it would be returned in around the 12 week area. I started calling for a status check after the 12 week mark, and was constantly told it is in line to be repaired, but they couldn't say where in line it was-- next or 120 guns back in line. They had it for 4 months and hadn't touched it, I filed my complaint with the BBB and I got a call within 3 days from a manager at Taurus saying that it was next to be repaired, and had it back within 7 days after that. By the way, Taurus is listed as Heritage Manufacturing on the BBB website if you had any interest of going that route. I LOVE my mini hand cannon, HATE Taurus customer service.....
    Last edited by glockman; 11-25-2020 at 01:11 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    4 months? Wow, that is so unacceptable. I had the same answers when I called after about 1 1/2 months......those people are absolute idiots. I just sent mine back today for the 3rd time. I can't understand why they won't just give me another gun?! I'm thinking their tech people have no clue what they're doing.

Thanks for the BBB info. I just filed a detailed complaint with them. Maybe that will get me a new pea shooter. I'll keep you posted.

David
    Last edited by LotsaTiques; 11-25-2020 at 02:21 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Apparently somehow your Taurus caught the same virus and same symptoms as my M11/22 kit had. I'm sorry to say I never could cure the illness; the patient is probably terminal. However, the good news is that at a very fair price and with full disclosure I have passed that kit along to a new owner. His pain, my gain.

Might be your best option soon. After all, it's a Taurus and wasn't expensive. Maybe replace it with a Ruger SR22; mine has always run great.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I don't give up that easily.....I want Taurus to replace it. I know - "Good Luck"

We'll see if contacting the BBB helps my case.

An SR22? Yep, have one. The long barrel version. I love it albeit a small grip. I also have 2 Ruger mark 4;s, a Walther OSP, and 3 keltec's (cp33, pmr30 and my newest one, P17). I have the .22's covered I'd say. All but the TX22 run fine.

We'll see what the future brings for the Taurus, and you're right, was only like $225.

Wish me luck.

David

UZI Talk Life Member

I do wish you luck.
    And admire your never-give-up attitude.

One last thought: have you polished the feed ramp and smoothed the sharp leading edge of the chamber? I usually run that bullet-shaped Dremel pad with some Flitz on it when I see a .22 bullet being gouged like that.

My 2 have run 100% so far, using CCI mini mags mainly.

Have you tried the Tandemkross extractor? Cheap gamble @ 10 bucks and free shipping until the end of the month.

https://www.tandemkross.com/%E2%80%9...X22_p_713.html

I got one back when they were running a special with the fiber optic front sight, basically got the extractor for free. Went ahead and put it in, still worked fine. Front sight is a bit loose in the slide cut though, you can twist it side to side!

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Mine has run 100% and is my favorite .22 pistol. Sorry your gun is giving you headaches.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have 2 tx22 no problems with either. Usually shoot with a suppressor

Taurus has ok guns, but notoriously abysmal CS.

UZI Talk Supporter
    "One last thought: have you polished the feed ramp and smoothed the sharp leading edge of the chamber? I usually run that bullet-shaped Dremel pad with some Flitz on it when I see a .22 bullet being gouged like that."

When this started happening, yes, I did polish the feed ramp - didn't help.

"Have you tried the Tandemkross extractor?"

No, I haven't tried their extractor in this gun. I do have one in my S&W Victory though. Taurus has replaced the extractor twice - didn't help. If I don't get a replacement gun I will try a Tandemkross extractor. Good idea and thanks for that.

"Taurus has ok guns, but notoriously abysmal CS."

Abysmal CS ?? Ha, that's a joke. They don't have C service!! I've been in business for some 40 years and if I dealt with my customers like Taurus does I wouldn't have lasted 4 years.

I just don't get it, replace this one and send me a new one - It would have been cheaper for them in the long run. I'd just sell this POS and move on but I really like it, when she runs. I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks for all your help and comments.

David

Yes sir, I hope it works out good for you. I was told from go that it was going to be a bit of a wait as they were moving their repair operations from Miami, Florida to Bainbridge, Georgia. When I spoke to the lady to get a repair order on the phone, she told me to wait for a week and they could then give me a address in Georgia. Otherwise, it would have to go to the repair facility in Miami, then be sent up to Georgia, and it would possibly reduce my wait time if I cut that corner. I waited a week and called in to get the Georgia address and paid $50 for a shipping label. Guess she was wrong.
    All I needed was a new hammer to replace the old one as the finish that was applied was flaking off and falling down into the action. They could not sell me or give me a hammer as it is a safety part I was told. I could have had a gunsmith order one for me, and in hindsight that is what I should have done.
    Hope everything works out good for you on this. They are supposed to be fun little plinkers when they are up and running.

UZI Talk Supporter
    At least with their moving to a different state it's acceptable to be a little behind. But they should have just sold/given you a new hammer. It would have saved everyone time. Yes, these guns are great plinkers, I love mine. I just want it to work, ha.

Here's what Taurus did their first 2 attempts to fix the issues -

Last edited by LotsaTiques; 11-27-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Sorry I can't help with the extraction/feeding issues, but mine suffered from the notorious barrel leading issues. It would foul very quickly with significant lead deposits all through the grooves and then start keyholing like crazy. It was very difficult to get it all out.

Taurus CS eventually agreed to send me a new "version 2?" barrel, but that still required a lot of arguing with the CS rep (I believe it was Kevin) to convince him that I knew what I was talking about and that I had already tried a wide variety of ammo and was cleaning properly. They wanted me to ship back my gun and I did not want to deal with that mess for a simple barrel replacement. I also figured there was at least a 50% chance that the gun would come back even more messed up than when I bought it.

The new barrel doesn't foul as badly/quickly, provided I only use plated ammo. (OP, I saw in your post you are using unplated lead. I recommend avoiding that in this gun.) Unfortunately, the new barrel is not as accurate as the old barrel was (before it fouls). I still worry that it might not be stabilizing everything correctly and I don't trust the suppressor adapter's concentricity, so I don't think I'll be running a suppressor on this one. That's a shame, because it would probably make a sweet suppressor host otherwise.

Oh well. Still fun and cheap to shoot, once you get it running right. Best of luck!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Sounds like a decent product with spotty quality control. Or maybe it's even a good product with bad support?

UZI Talk Supporter
    My gun is the version 2.....the barrel didn't have that so-called chattering that people complained about AND Taurus replaced it anyway. Yep, that's the guy, Kevin, I spoke to him a few times.....he's a class A dick. He'd work for me one day then bye bye. Their customer service is non-existent. We'll see what they decide with this 3rd trip back.

Both Gaujo - It's too bad too, it's a really nice gun. Fits the hand well, is accurate (when is shoots) and a lot of fun. I have a few friends whose gun run 100%. My gun, not so....Oh well, could be worse, right?

David

UZI Talk Supporter
    Here's the update on my Taurus TX22.

Last week I contacted the BBB (Thanks Glockman for that recommendation & the Heritage info). The BBB contacted Taurus with my complaint and this afternoon I got a telephone call from Taurus. Same manager, Kevin, who I've been dealing with, to tell me they were going to replace my pistol with a brand new one, including 2 more mags. Now I'll have 14 to exercise my McFadden Loader, ha.

It was a frustrating process but in hindsight well worth it. I'm getting a new gun.

Thanks for all the input from you guys. Much appreciated for sure.

David

UZI Talk Life Member

Yay!

+ Reply to Thread