UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any KEL-TEC KSG fans?

Smile Any KEL-TEC KSG fans?

bought a Kel-tec ksg 12 back a few months ago, at the beginning of the covid ordeal, Not just because of the plaindemic but because i always thought they looked pretty cool and found one priced pretty decent at a local shop so i snatched it up before everyone started marking the prices up. I Like mine but keep having issues with one of the Mag tubes freezing up, i have took it apart and oiled it and it fixed the issue for awhile but it has done it again... But Anyways, just curious if anybody else on here has one or is a fan?..

UZI Talk Supporter

Bought one 2 months ago. Awesome. Never any jams or issues. I shoot every possible load. Mini, slugs, buck. Even old 1960s left over ammo from my grandfather. I was shocked that I can hit 2/3 silhouette at 35 yards with slugs and 00 buck. I’ve got a pad on the stock. I think it kicks pretty light for what it is. Extremely pleased with it. I would not want to go up against an opponent with one.

Only thing you could improve is I wish it had an option to go back and fourth between tubes automatically . I’d prefer not to switch tubes after it goes click
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 12-17-2020 at 08:59 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    Bought one 2 months ago. Awesome. Never any jams or issues. I shoot every possible load. Mini, slugs, buck. Even old 1960s left over ammo from my grandfather. I was shocked that I can hit 2/3 silhouette at 35 yards with slugs and 00 buck. I’ve got a pad on the stock. I think it kicks pretty light for what it is. Extremely pleased with it. I would not want to go up against an opponent with one.

Only thing you could improve is I wish it had an option to go back and fourth between tubes. I’d prefer not to switch tubes after it goes click
    Yes, it would be awesome if you could switch between tubes; ie, 1 filled with Slugs, the 2nd with Buckshot, flip a lever to switch.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I Love the look of the KS7, but reviews were quite bad.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I like the DP12 but not how much it costs
    Vector UZI SMG

UZI Talk Life Member
    Way freakin' too close to the city....especially now!
    I bought one when they came out and was the first in my area to receive a Gen 1 KSG! I sold it to him without all the goodies I had on it. Oh well!!
    Grandpa learned his lesson!!
    Last edited by ole442; 01-29-2021 at 08:16 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    Yes, it would be awesome if you could switch between tubes; ie, 1 filled with Slugs, the 2nd with Buckshot, flip a lever to switch.
    Well, the KSG does have a lever to switch from one tube to the other. You can flip it back & forth at will.
    Last edited by ole442; 01-29-2021 at 08:16 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

The only problems I have had with mine are my own fault. I added the longer lever to switch mag tubes and did not locktite the screw. It became loose and caused failures to feed. The longer switch allows you to change mag tubes with your wrist and not have to change your grip. I know its a "tacti cool" upgrade but I did it anyway. I was not happy with the recoil of the bullpup design so added a pad to the stock. My original plan was to add a Salvo 12 and use it for home defense, but have yet to replace the barrel nut with the Salvo adapter. One of those projects I will get to some day. My KSG is the 14" police model. I got it used from my dealer who had it as a demo unit, but did not like it so he made me a deal.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    The only problems I have had with mine are my own fault. I added the longer lever to switch mag tubes and did not locktite the screw. It became loose and caused failures to feed. The longer switch allows you to change mag tubes with your wrist and not have to change your grip. I know its a "tacti cool" upgrade but I did it anyway. I was not happy with the recoil of the bullpup design so added a pad to the stock. My original plan was to add a Salvo 12 and use it for home defense, but have yet to replace the barrel nut with the Salvo adapter. One of those projects I will get to some day. My KSG is the 14" police model. I got it used from my dealer who had it as a demo unit, but did not like it so he made me a deal.
    Yeah, Some folks hate the KSG's
    Last edited by ole442; 01-29-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Jericho,
    I’d don’t oil your magazine tube. Clean it and maybe give it a polish. Maybe use birchwood casey wax as it doesn’t attract dirt like oil does.

+ Reply to Thread