UZI Talk Forums

View Poll Results: How many are happ with the adapter?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have one and I am completely satisfied with the product

6 6.45%
  • I have one and I am partially satisfied with the product

4 4.30%
  • I have one and I am unsatisfied with the product

15 16.13%
  • I do not have one

68 73.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: How many are happy with the Bazooka Brothers AM180 Drum Adapter?

How many are happy with the Bazooka Brothers AM180 Drum Adapter?

Count me as Yes. I know we have a disturbing number of people that will say no and a few that will say yes. Just wondering where it all falls out.

Please decribe the reason for your vote selection. For instance, somebody may vote partially satisfied but they may think there are problems with their gun in the mix. We already have other threads about troubleshooting and modifications.
    Last edited by D-boy; 05-28-2009 at 01:43 PM.

If you vote you need to post, unless you voted that you don't have one.

I don't want Bazooka Bros/AD people voting yes and I don't want people voting no just because they read a few complaints here but don't own one.

Current tally is 1 Yes and 1 Don't have one. Yes is in the lead.

I have one and it does not run well at all. However I'll be sending it back soon and I'll give the new tower a good workout.

Yes, I have one, it makes me talk bad to it, emptys in the chamber, feeding high.

I have one and am convinced that the feed tower/lips are fundamentally wrong.

I am holding tight for right now and waiting for Bazooka Bros to correct the design. When they do, I expect them to replace my defective feedtower.

I also have a deposit on an AM15, but I'm not holding my breath

UZI Talk Life Member
    I don't think I needed to tell you how I voted...
    I have one and I am unsatisfied with the product.
    I've done everything suggested by the manufacturer but I'm hopeful a solution will be found.

CCI MiniMag solid nose 40 grain ammo. Check.
    Even tried CCI 36 grain hollow points. Check.
    Lakeside Machine recoil spring. Check.
    Removed and polished excess from drums. Check.
    Using weak hammer spring. Check.
    Tried over winding drum. Check.
    Tried under winding drum, Check.

Black Dog and OEM Ciener mags run perfectly. Hmmmm.
    I'm still convinced it's in the AD feed tower.
    (Luke 11:21)
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Supporter

I voted partially. Two weeks ago I did some shooting with a friend who still had the old feed tower - he had frequent jams with it in his M16A1. He tried mine with the new feed tower & it works better than the old one but still had some stove pipes. In my M16A1, I have issues with drum hangups & need to smooth out the rough spots. Also still get occasional jams, but haven't tried to make any adjustments. Until BB solves the jam issue, I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy one of these. I'd also like to see metal feed lips - If they can do it of the HKs, they can do it for the AR.

ps - I was using CCI Mini Mag solids. The thing runs 100% with Ceiner mags.

I have one, and at first I would get a few good dumps, but mostly very unhappy w/ the amount I paid and what I'm getting from it.

Feedlips are not correct, point proven w/ the Black Dog tower adapter I made and it ran great, (Well until I screwed around w/ it to make it better..lol)

FFL 07/02
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I have one that works very well with Rem Gold in Semi, a few jams in a 275 drum. It hates Federal bulk & will feed 1 and jam. Have yet to shoot it in FA but I think with alittle tinkering it will work close to %100. Out of 3 ceiner kit it seems as though the problems are related to the adaptor /drum not the .22 conversions because the results dont seem to change when changing conversion kits.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrM4
    Out of 3 ceiner kit it seems as though the problems are related to the adaptor /drum not the .22 conversions because the results dont seem to change when changing conversion kits.
    That's an interesting observation and one I'm delighted you shared with us. It's great to take one more factor out of the malfunction equation.

I hope the kit meets your expectations in full auto. Trust me on this point... I know how easy it is to get a Ciener kit to run perfectly in semi auto with almost any ammo, and how frustrating they can be in full auto no matter what you try.

I'm partially satisfied with mine. I do think most of the issues I'm having is with my kit or the drums and I'm getting close to being completely satisfied. I'm going to work on it some more.

FFL 07/02
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG

I know how easy it is to get a Ciener kit to run perfectly in semi auto with almost any ammo, and how frustrating they can be in full auto no matter what you try.

Thats why I bought 3

So far No Joy.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrM4
    Thats why I bought 3
    I've only got two...

I ordered the HK version that's available now. After speaking with Dave it seems the bulk of the testing was done with the HK unit so I have high hopes for it. Feed lips are totally different because the HK version has a metal insert that acts as the ejector.

I did ship back my M16 unit and Bruce agreed to replace the tower. Not sure if that will cure the problem but it can't hurt.

Still have my AM15 deposit but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by subgunner
    After speaking with Dave it seems the bulk of the testing was done with the HK unit so I have high hopes for it.
    since they sold the m16 version first, shouldnt most of the testing been with the adapter they are selling? that sounds pretty shady to me, no wonder why they dont work. i'ld be super pissed if i bought one of these m16 adapters and then found out the bulk of the testing was done with the HK unit. i felt the adapters were way too much to begin with. i did like how they were able to quickly sell over 100 units before any review or any units shipped out.

I have had the best luck with Federal bulk 550 pack 36 gr hollow point. (wallmart) Mine runs well with this ammo. sometimes a full mag dump sometimes 1 to 3 FTF. Clean the gun after each mag.

Quote Originally Posted by bladesmith2
    I have had the best luck with Federal bulk 550 pack 36 gr hollow point. (wallmart) Mine runs well with this ammo. sometimes a full mag dump sometimes 1 to 3 FTF. Clean the gun after each mag.
    Do you think the jams are attributable to the adapter?

The unsupported feedlips are the source of the problem w/ the AM-180 AR/16 adapter.

Do any of you guy's have a shop number for these guy's? I have a few ideas that would solve the problems for good.

They don't answer e-mails.

Contact info:?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Bazooka Brothers Mfg.
    765-434-7709

+ Reply to Thread