UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: New ar15 trigger slap inducing full auto simulator.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I went to the site and they were showing 200
    Site?
    Rare Breed or BDU?
    I know SEVERAL people that signed up WEEKS ago on the RB site and have yet to receive any notification. Definitely one of the strangest rollouts I've seen. And I've seen some real winners over the years. I'm surprised I got mine so soon and easily.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

I just don't see how this is different from the Atkin's Accelerator. I forsee the ATF scrubbing records and demanding people turn in the springs.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I just don't see how this is different from the Atkin's Accelerator. I forsee the ATF scrubbing records and demanding people turn in the springs.
    Not even close. This company didn't bother to submit a sample and ask permission. Nor should they. They have their experts who don't think it's a machine gun. They know it's not one. The Atkins isn't a machine gun with or without springs. Neither are any of the bumpstocks. I know this. ATF knows this. Even you know this, assuming you know the first thing about firearms or the law.
    So the only valid comparison would be if and when the compromised and corrupt DOJ/ATF say it is a machine gun.
    Communist and totalitarian states have been saying the sun is shining brightly in the dead of night forever. How long the people keep bowing their heads in agreement is the REAL question....
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Yes, I agree with everything you're saying. My concern is based solely on the corrupt government agencies and their ridiculous decisions.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    Site?
    Rare Breed or BDU?
    I know SEVERAL people that signed up WEEKS ago on the RB site and have yet to receive any notification. Definitely one of the strangest rollouts I've seen. And I've seen some real winners over the years. I'm surprised I got mine so soon and easily.
    It was BDU. I bought some yesterday and now they are gone
    Any One Who Thinks The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword
    Obviously Never Encountered Automatic Weapons
    General Douglas MacArthur

UZI Talk Life Member
    It's good to know that BDU finally had some. They've been getting a LOT of online grief.
    I still don't understand what's taking Rare Breed so long to drop some? This trigger doesn't seem like it would take that long to make a run of...unless they are having trouble sourcing materials?
    Meanwhile, I ran another 300 rds. without a single hiccup. I'm confident my fix has solved the spring issue.
    Here's a quick video clip dumping a SureFire 60rd. mag.

https://youtu.be/K1cdg1GgbCA
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have taken my FRT apart, but using a simple punch would not move the pin holding the paddle like it did with the other pins. Is there some trick to getting that paddle pin out?
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have taken my FRT apart, but using a simple punch would not move the pin holding the paddle like it did with the other pins. Is there some trick to getting that paddle pin out?
    No trick. It's staked in. Put it in a vise with maybe something soft to not scratch it or have someone hold it down over a HARD surface. You have to really whack it with the biggest punch that fits the pin. It will finally give. I didn't need to stake it back as it was still snug when I replaced it.
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I used my arbor press with a punch. No problemo.

UZI Talk Life Member

Why is one video showing way more recoil impulse then the other one
    The longer barreleld gun shows a lot more controelabilty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1cd...ature=youtu.be

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40775099@N03/50922594708/

UZI Talk Life Member
    Mine is a .30.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Mine is a .308.
    It's the difference between a 55 grain bullet and a 155 grain bullet.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack007
    No trick... It will finally give.
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32
    I used my arbor press with a punch. No problemo.
    Thanks guys -- I got it out

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yay!!!! Good job Concorde!
    I figure any guy that can design and build the BEST operational cases ever, could figure that out.
    You're legendary! :-)

Are you modifying it?
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    Are you modifying it?
    Funny you should ask :-)

I plan to machine a couple of replacement paddles that have slightly different “timing” to see if it might take care of that light strike issue (presuming early hammer fall). I’ve done that with an RDIAS paddle instead of dealing with shimming when moving it between a couple of different host guns to solve that issue.

I’m also planning to try your spring anti-kink solution.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I hope someone designs a semi setting for it. I'd buy that.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I hope someone designs a semi setting for it.
    I've heard it speculated that the omission of a third position may have been intentional. The third position may be considered an infringement on the TAC CON patent, given that both utilize a forced reset mechanism.
    The other theory is that from a PR standpoint, a third position, and the use of an M16 carrier tripping a hammer would give the impression that FA was the intended goal.
    This is all speculation. It doesn't seem that a third position would be difficult to incorporate into this design. If I was halfway certain that it will still be around a year from now, I'd already be expending energy in trying to design one.
    For now I'm fine with double taps and the occasional single.
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I posted this over on ARF but I cross post as I feel there is a more sophisticated crowd here. It pertains to the discussion behind the actual design. I reference "postings"... some of the testers felt free to post about their experiences early on. Naturally they extolled the virtues of the deign and performance. They attributed any issues to buffers, springs,carriers etc.... Interestingly as soon as the kinked spring issues started popping up, they went radio silent. Literally crickets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My machinist expert guru was surprised that such a top notch product of machine work and finish would have overlooked such a glaringly obvious design flaw. I have my theory as to what happened. Just a theory but I partially base it on postings I have seen here.
    I suspect that this design was beta tested and tweaked by well meaning but inexperienced individuals. Their goal was to get it to RUN. Once it did, word was sent to the powers that be and off to production it went. There is no doubt in my mind that they got it to work firing a few thousand rounds. I think they got LUCKY and those particular gun/carrier/ammo combinations did not cause an issue.
    My friend opined that mine could have continued to run indefinitely. However he was certain that it was a matter of WHEN and not If it would fail. Entropy is not on your side. You are asking a spring to do something it was not designed for.
    Rare Breed's reaction/response is totally expected. A first year law student understands the pitfalls of the SLIGHTEST admission of culpability. It never ends well.
    I suspect they are more concerned about getting the maximum number of units SOLD before any CERTAIN government action. If things work out legally, I can see a second generation of this product.
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member

Maybe its over??

I went to Big DAddy Web site
    a FRT15 trigger flashed on screen and when I clicked.The following message came up

This product is not currently available. We do not have an ETA on replenishment at this time

It may have been a special buy, limited availability product, or has been discontinued.

If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Team by phone (800-915-7709) or email (support@bigdaddyunlimited.com)

UZI Talk Life Member
    This is the only page I can find. It's been that way forever. BDU says it marks them unavailable until they put some up for sale. Then they take it back down. Who knows? RB hasn't posted anything to their FB page for a couple of weeks.

https://www.bigdaddyunlimited.com/rare-breed-triggers/
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

+ Reply to Thread