UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stronger recoil spring for Max11/31 ?

Stronger recoil spring for Max11/31 ?

Does anyone know of a source for a stronger recoil spring for the Max11/31 mk2? I never shoot my max31 upper because the bolt impacts the rear of the receiver. Just doesn't have that smooth recoil like the tungsten bolt uppers. Any suggestions?

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I've never experienced this impact that you are describing with my Max-31 mk2 on a Mac 11/9. I suspect there is another problem that changing a spring will not fix. Are you using the VBS? Is this a Max-31 or Max-31A upper you are having problems with?
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

What brand and grain weight ammo are you using? I've noticed a dramatic difference in recoil across manufacturers. Fiocchi 115 slams the back of the receiver on my 11k, but Federal 124 is like buttah.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Is there a pocket on the top of the bolt? You could add weight to the bolt instead of a stronger spring. Add tungsten to the pocket and test. I'm about to play with it for my Max-31K bolt. Hobby and fishing shops have W pieces.
    Now let's repeat the non-conformists' oath: I promise to be different! I promise to be unique! I promise not to repeat things other people say! Good!

UZI Talk Supporter
    My 31a never hits the receiver, something's wrong. As mentioned, try ammo then call Lage if still an issue.

Ok I've only used wolf and winchester white box both impact the back. It's not a31a. No vbs it's just as it came from Lage it has a 1 13/16" plastic block in the back end. The spring seems weak to me. When I take off the c clip from the guide rod it extends only a quarter inch further.
    I was looking at the notch in the top. I was thinking add a section of an old bolt to the back of that one then shorting the plastic block the same amount.
    Last edited by donkeyslayer; 12-21-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Take a few pictures and contact Lage Mfg.
    Perhaps you accidentally got the wrong spring installed during assembly.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    I’m late to the party, but I feel like the MAX-31 is the zenith of Lage products, (notwithstanding the .22 conversion and the MAX-15), but you should enjoy a very smooth ride without the bolt bottoming out against the nylon spacer in the rear.

Sounds like an incorrect spring was used, but the good news is you’ll enjoy the superior customer service after the sale Richard is known for providing. Do you have resolution yet?
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

+ Reply to Thread