UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: M11 22 Kit Prices

UZI Talk Supporter
    I really enjoy shooting mine. While I wouldn’t pay $1500 for one, I also wouldn’t sell mine. I know Richard doesn’t like the amount of work he ends up putting into these. Perhaps with time he’ll either come up with a different design or figure he could raise the price to make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    I went to their site on your suggestion (not bad to have a .22kit) then realized again like before that I don’t really want one.
    I read this and thought Lage was doing another run of .22 conversions. Went to their site and couldnít find anything for the .22 conversion. Realized the list is for the Max31k.

Yup they were the buy now or cry later thing to buy. Which is why I bought a couple of them. Hey anyone wants to trade a 556 upper I have a brand new 22 kit I'll trade hahaha!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac11/9 View Post
    I read this and thought Lage was doing another run of .22 conversions. Went to their site and couldnít find anything for the .22 conversion. Realized the list is for the Max31k.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilmoon View Post
    Yup they were the buy now or cry later thing to buy. Which is why I bought a couple of them. Hey anyone wants to trade a 556 upper I have a brand new 22 kit I'll trade hahaha!
    I ended up selling mine a while ago and bought an AM180. 40rds per magazine wasn’t enough for me. I was thinking to buy another one just to have just in case.

Wow. Never realized these were selling for so much, took mine out last weekend with Federal Auto Match and it didnít work for shit...
    I donít have any Remington golden bullets left, I should sell the upper and invest it until they become available again.

Quote Originally Posted by fray bentos View Post
    Wow. Never realized these were selling for so much, took mine out last weekend with Federal Auto Match and it didn’t work for shit...
    I don’t have any Remington golden bullets left, I should sell the upper and invest it until they become available again.
    I tried 4 or 5 different kinds of ammo (federal 555, automatch, Winchester 333, etc) with mine and never could finish a magazine. I reached out to some gun friends and traded other .22lr brands for rem golden bullets. Runs abt 95% now with rem golden bullets and the 200rd red milk cartons from WalMart. Def try the Remington before giving up..

I just got back from shooting mine with some federal champion value pack. Only had 1 failure to feed. Just download the magazines to about 35 keep them clean and lubricated with graphite and they should be fairly reliable with the right ammo. So far I have been able to confirm Remington golden bullets work really well. Next best for me so far is this federal value pack. The aguila's worked but they ran a little dirty.

UZI Talk Supporter
    So what does everyone plan on doing once the remington headache eer... Golden bullets are gone?

PSA didn't buy the remington ammo tooling and dept. for the 80 mil they were talking about spending on it.

Really not sure if anyone bought it, or if the plant is rusting/wasting away waiting for someone to clean it out piece by piece for scrap like so many other abandon machine/tooling shops in America.

UZI Talk Supporter
    after lage tuned my kit it runs on several different brands of 22 fairly reliably, especially with a booster or can. when i do have problems it's usually because i didn't load the mag carefully and had rim lock with a round or two.

Ill be honest, Im fishing. If someone wants to buy it, great. IF not nbd either.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/884490409

This is the gunbroker listing that kinda spurred me. I have a max11/22 kit also that is threaded so the m11/22 is kinda a spare.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Wow, I had no idea that they're going for that much these days. At those prices, maybe I'll sell one of my Fleming .22 kits. I've got two of them (!) in addition to my Lage 22 kit (which has a Lage-tuned dedicated upper). They're just as fun, and of course don't require special magazines, just plain ol' Ruger 10/22 mags of any capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RIcLkCcr0&t=4s
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member

wow, never saw a Fleming conversion runt hat well. I have one I tinker with once and a while when I want to remind myself that not everything has an easy fix. I may get it running perfect someday, but I am not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    That was foreseeable. Never forget what Vegas said about buying MG stuff when you can.
    Facts...

Bought a kit and a dozen mags last year...and donít even own an 11/9. Figured I could get it cut down for my M11a1 or buddies could use it.

Not sure the allure of going back into production. As posts on this thread show, they can be finicky...why go through the headache and potentially unhappy customers when he can crank out the AR uppers for likely more profit

I’d say they are done making these since they got rid of the equipment required to make the .22kit conversions... will someone else make them? Doubtful.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by far_right View Post
    Ill be honest, Im fishing. If someone wants to buy it, great. IF not nbd either.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/884490409

This is the gunbroker listing that kinda spurred me. I have a max11/22 kit also that is threaded so the m11/22 is kinda a spare.
    Sold! For 2k.... dam

UZI Talk Supporter
    Story of my life. Sold my extra kit in May for $500.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    wow, never saw a Fleming conversion runt hat well. I have one I tinker with once and a while when I want to remind myself that not everything has an easy fix. I may get it running perfect someday, but I am not optimistic.

Mine runs great but it's for a M10 same deal ses 10/22 mags. With mine it needs cleaned around the 500 mark or it starts to gum up and you can hear the ROF decrease.
    Clean it out and good for another 500 it's also runs fantastic & not ammo sensitive and eats everything until it hits a dud.

Wonder what flemming kits bring now days?

Disclaimer mine is NOT for sale just wondering if there is a over all increase in 22 upper values or if its a m11/9 lage only increase.
    Last edited by root; 12-30-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Walksalone
    Wasn’t there a discussion about how it was not right to do this? A group of people were upset because someone would buy something for a low price and then sell it at a huge profit. I believe they used the example of buying from a little old lady that didn’t know what something was worth, or buying rare and hard to find items and selling at a huge mark-up. Where are all these people that think the free market it unfair.
    Last edited by Walksalone; 12-30-2020 at 06:41 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    These are fun gizmos. It would not surprise me that some would pay so much.

+ Reply to Thread