UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: M11 22 Kit Prices

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Walksalone View Post
    Wasn’t there a discussion about how it was not right to do this? A group of people were upset because someone would buy something for a low price and then sell it at a huge profit. I believe they used the example of buying from a little old lady that didn’t know what something was worth, or buying rare and hard to find items and selling at a huge mark-up. Where are all these people that think the free market it unfair.
    Meh Karen's gonna Karen.

He who hesitates pays secondary market value. Or they do without.

You don't even know how many people mean " im to cheap" when they say. " I'm looking for such and such"
    When. Its not rare.
    I know a guy looking for a m1 garand and a FAL neither rare he's just to cheap fo pay the current 1200.

Things are only worth what a buyer is willing to pay.
    Last edited by root; 12-30-2020 at 08:36 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalone View Post
    Wasn’t there a discussion about how it was not right to do this? A group of people were upset because someone would buy something for a low price and then sell it at a huge profit. I believe they used the example of buying from a little old lady that didn’t know what something was worth, or buying rare and hard to find items and selling at a huge mark-up. Where are all these people that think the free market it unfair.
    I think most of these sellers are the original purchasers who have decided to sell their kit for 2-3X what they paid for it. I don't blame them. And there's nothing wrong with parties with full awareness doing deals like this.

What I have a problem with is the case where someone with a lot of knowledge takes unfair advantage of someone with no knowledge. Like a 'friend' of the deceased vs. the son / daughter / widow of a collector who has zero understanding of the value of a collectible firearm or accoutrements. I've seen cases where the "opportunist" offers 1/10th of the value, settles for 1/5th and snookers the widow who thinks this 'friend' of her deceased husband is compassionately helping her...and what he's really doing is cheating her for his own selfish gain.

Put it this way: If I'm in that position - and I have been - I just try to get the max out of the gun for the heirs. If I can't sell one for a fair price and would like to keep the gun, I disclose what I have listed it for and propose I buy it for slightly less. I ALWAYS test the local market to determine realistic value before I even offer to buy it, which has been a rare case.

If I sell their guns for them I give them 100% of the proceeds and keep them informed along the way.

What I don't do is offer them $200 for a Colt AR15 Sporter and hope they will settle for $500. I tell them what current values appear to be, we agree on what they are willing to sell it for and we go from there.

I guess I have a difficult time adding 'let me help you' + 'I'm making a profit' = 'I have a clear conscience'. That's the difference. Now if the widow / heir totes all the guns down to Collector's Firearms and sells them there, that's fair; they are a brick and mortar store for profit with overhead and employees and everyone should understand that. That's a straight business deal without the emotional manipulation.

I think 99% of these Lage kits are circulating amongst knowledgeable folk who prowl Gunbroker so all is fair game here.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Wonder what flemming kits bring now days?
    I sold one on Gunbroker a few months ago for $800. It didn't run well and I stated that in the auction so that probably had a negative effect on the price.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    I sold one on Gunbroker a few months ago for $800. It didn't run well and I stated that in the auction so that probably had a negative effect on the price.
    Dang .....

Nope still not for sale.

Listed mine on Arfcom if anyone is interested. Hoping I’m not breaking any board rules by pimping my sale on another board..��

UZI Talk Supporter
    Well o bit related to the 22 kits.
    Seems VISTA got the Remington ammo plant ( good news)

Bad news is they claim it will take 2 to 3 years to bring it back on line since it was so dilapidated Rem. was only running @ 30% capacity.

They stated they will not bring the 30% on line until the other 70% is 100% tip top shape and the 30% has been gone through and brought up to speed also.

The name might be gone but it looks like the future holds the RGB in it just possibly under another name.

I'll have to see if I can find the article I read on it.

Not the one I read but confirms it's in disrepair
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++==
    https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...set-to-return/

Metz said for years the ammunition segment of Remington had been neglected by the company in favor of its firearms segment. Vista Outdoors in July 2019 sold its only firearms brand to focus on ammunition.
    Last edited by root; 01-03-2021 at 08:22 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter

Bad news is they claim it will take 2 to 3 years to bring it back on line since it was so dilapidated Rem. was only running @ 30% capacity.

They stated they will not bring the 30% on line until the other 70% is 100% tip top shape and the 30% has been gone through and brought up to speed also.

The name might be gone but it looks like the future holds the RGB in it just possibly under another name.

Metz said for years the ammunition segment of Remington had been neglected by the company in favor of its firearms segment. Vista Outdoors in July 2019 sold its only firearms brand to focus on ammunition.
    Good to hear there’s at least a chance Golden bullet isn’t dead

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    Damn I have a Lage kit new in packaging I guess I should sell it for $1k!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

“To abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOM”

Ever since I got my .22lr kit running well, I’ve been buying/trading for 525rd boxes and 1400rd buckets of Rem Golden Bullets. Some were good prices, some were good trades, and a few I paid to much, but how much ammo will one need for the lifetime of a .22lr Kit? IDK, but I’ve got 15k of the Rem GB and feel like I’m no where close to where I need to be. My kit also seems to like the CCi Blazer from Walmart that comes in the 200rd milk cartons, which might be easier to find once things settle a little (if they ever do....

UZI Talk Supporter
    My last order of 22 was march
    Midway had it .03 per round for remington either the thunderbolt or golden bullets don't remember.

Was limited to four 500 rnd boxes for 60 shipped.

I really haven't seen any 22 locally accept the cci subs and targets i normally run.
    They went from 5 bux a box to 7 bux a box not terrible considering I'm seeing junk 22 for 113 and up

It a shame Lage sold off the tooling to make the 22 kits. That seemed like something that would have done well with a run of say 200 every 5 years or so.

Probably be a real hot seller now with all the determination letters squashed by the BATFE.
    It was already approved.

The supply and demand though are what's driving the market price so maybe a good thing there are no more in the works.

UZI Talk Life Member
    "It a shame Lage sold off the tooling to make the 22 kits." Does anyone know who and why the buyer bought the tooling? Are there plans for it to come out under a different name?

It a shame Lage sold off the tooling to make the 22 kits. That seemed like something that would have done well with a run of say 200 every 5 years or so.
    I wonder if I found a way to break the kit if it can be repaired then.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    "It a shame Lage sold off the tooling to make the 22 kits." Does anyone know who and why the buyer bought the tooling? Are there plans for it to come out under a different name?
    Where did you guys get that little piece of information? I doubt the tooling has been sold and even if it was, if Mr. Lage isn't sold into slavery with the tooling, it would be hard to market reliable kits.
    These 22 kits were always a labor of love on the part of Mr. Lage. I remember drawing smiley faces in the river at Chili's range in Tejas with the prototype.
    Compared to an upper which can be assembled in a fairly straight forward manner, there is an incredible amount of behind the scenes work to get a kit ready. They really are worth the $ they are being sold for now.
    I think they will be worth even more in the next few years.

Make sure to grab magazines while you still can!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    I got it from Root's post. That's why I asked about it - it seems strange that Lage could find a buyer for such tooling unless that person wanted to make kits themselves.

And YES, get as many magazines as you can stand to purchase. I can see the lefties going after them again and this time they won't agree to a ten year trial period. Plus being plastic they won't last forever. Don't rely on the supreme court to uphold your 2A rights to 40 round magazines.

Walksalone
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...kits-from-Lage

It says that they will service and repair.

UZI Talk Life Member
    We discontinued the .22 kits due to lack of demand. Many years ago, we used to sell 50 a month. Demand dwindled down to around 50 per year.

For the past couple of years I have had to personally manufacture the majority of the kit. This included welding, power wet sanding, CNC engraving, case hardening, polishing and other specialized skills. For the low production numbers, it did not make sense to train one of the employees to do these specialized processes. This took away from time I needed to develop new products.

We moved our shop last year and determined which equipment should be sold, scrapped or moved. The power wet sander was on its last legs and barely survived the last production run. Repair costs were not economical for a machine that basically was used once a year and took up alot of space.

We still have the specialized tooling/jigs for welding the kits, but there is not any need for them.

Regarding repairs/service, we will do our best. Just so everyone knows, I am not aware of anyone wearing out a kit. Occasionally, barrels get ringed from squibs so we still carry replacement barrels. The bolt and ejector plate are made from case hardened mild steel and can be repaired by skilled welder. We had one customer send in a kit for repair that had 10's of thousands of rounds through it. The rifling was obviously worn, but other than that, the kit still ran fine after the repair. If I recall correctly, it just needed a weld redone on the ejector plate/barrel trunion.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    Duplicate
    Last edited by m11stuff@hotmail.com; 01-05-2021 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    Thank you for setting the record straight Richard. So there is no 'tooling buyer' you still have it and, by reading between the lines of what you wrote, unless someone is willing to pay a whole bunch of money it's not likely that new kits will be made.

I'm sure glad that I got mine. Thank you for creating and producing them. Best M11/9 accessory ever.

UZI Talk Supporter
    OK my bad I was also reading here (UT) it was the tooling that was sold during the move.
    seems it's only the wet power sander that was sold/scrapped.

Thank you for clarifying that Richard.

Still would need to buy that I suppose to start up.

Like Flemming still around just no real market for the uppers.
    UN LIKE FLEMMING Lage still supports his stuff.

MANTICORE ARMS says it best.

"People don't want to actually buy parts or conversions until they are no longer in production.

What people want is the option to buy the conversions and parts all day long."

Or real close to that. Probably about as 100% correct as me repeating the rumor Lage sold "all" the tooling.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post
    I’d say they are done making these since they got rid of the equipment required to make the .22kit conversions... will someone else make them? Doubtful.
    And here is where i read it 1st about equipment gone.

Just parroting what i already read.

+ Reply to Thread