UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secret Service Uzi Briefcase?

Secret Service Uzi Briefcase?

I've had this briefcase for about 10 years and would like to learn more about it. I believe it is one of the Samsonite briefcases made by Action Arms for the Secret Service, but it isn't marked with a manufacturer (other than Samsonite) anywhere that I can find.

It has the engraved arrow next to the handle indicating which direction the muzzle is pointed and the foam is cut for a full size Uzi with the folding stock and an FBI length barrel. It has magnets to hold the gun in place until needed.

Is there anywhere I can look for more information on these cases? What markings should I look for to know if it is real? I got it from a retired Secret Service agent, so I believe it is authentic, but would like to know more about it.

Are these cases worth anything to a collector?

Name:  UziCase-5.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  138.6 KB
    Name:  UziCase-2.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  161.8 KB
    Name:  UziCase-1.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  131.5 KB

Administrator
    Looks like the real deal. There shouldn't be any markings other than the "Samsonite" and the arrow.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

The agent you got it from wasn't named Robert Wanko by any chance? If it was you might have a piece of history!

Name:  ssbreifcase.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  133.4 KB

UZI Talk Supporter
    Electro pencil arrow LOL

There is a discussion about PD marked stuff with electro pencil in the mac forum.

Looks like it was done with a stencil and done pretty well.

I'd agree the real deal the few I've seen here and other places had the same cheap fridge magnets bolted together.

Almost like these were made in house and not contracted out to a skilled shop.

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    The agent you got it from wasn't named Robert Wanko by any chance? If it was you might have a piece of history!
    Sadly, it didn't come from Robert Wanko. That would make this a much more interesting story! It does look just like the briefcase in your photo.

I would bet it is a worth a pretty penny. One of those - “it is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it items”. Hard to put a sold price on as there are not many others to compare it to. Put it up for sale with a crazy price but taking offers, and see how much someone is willing to offer you on it until you get to a price you can’t refuse.

I can’t get my Uzi to run reliably with the 8” barrel I got for it. Otherwise, mine would ride in a briefcase I made for it. Won’t fit with a 10 “ barrel.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Barrelshrouds has 8" barrels
    Vector UZI SMG

UZI Talk Life Member
    My personal experience with the SS and the UZI.

When I was 10 I was at at George Bush Sr rally. I met Bush at the rope line inside and we left early. Behind the VP limo outside the mall was a black Ford Bronco type truck with guys inside it. Windows were rolled down and being the dumb kid I was I ran right up to the truck passenger side. I made eye contact with the SS guy in the passenger seat and I looked down and he had an UZI sitting right there in his lap with his hand on it and the stock was folded. I pretty much shit my pants and ran. I remember that moment like it was yesterday. Ever since then I had to own one.

I should have my parents find the pics from that day and see if theres any samsonite cases being carried around. We took a picture of the nuclear football and it ruined the photos 3 previous and 3 after. Film was destroyed
    Last edited by dustindu4; 01-02-2021 at 12:45 AM.
    Vector UZI SMG

UZI Talk Life Member
    Way freakin' too close to the city....especially now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dustindu4 View Post
    We took a picture of the nuclear football and it ruined the photos 3 previous and 3 after. Film was destroyed
    Neat story but I'm curious what ruined the photos??

UZI Talk Life Member
    I always wondered the same. It was an enormous duffle bag and we were very close. Actually the football must have been the second time I saw him when he was president running for reelection. Same location 4 years later. It was a lot more chaotic that time. The only guns we saw that time was an SMG under someone's open trench coat when they walked in the mall. I wasnt sure what kind it was.
    Vector UZI SMG

UZI Talk Supporter
    With a name like "Wanko", you gotta work for the government!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post

Attachment 36274

I have mentioned it before. But I used to work with Bob, when he was in charge of security at the Greenbrier Resort. Very cool guy. I haven't seen him in a few years though. We also went to church together.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Very interesting post..... made me dig into the closet for a few cases I've had for years.....

The Haliburton "zero" case is cut for an M-10 ......along with 3 mags and a cutout for a 2-stage can (not attached)

The Samsonite case was cut for a M-11 .380, 3 mags, a Sionics can, and a box of ammo....unfortunately the foam in it had turned to basically dust when I bought it...

I'm sure in the late 70's / early 80's they may have been discrete.....but today walking around with either would be sketchy as hell .....

Today, it would have to be a man-bag to not draw too much attention...lol

Nice find.

I have the correct Samsonite and plan to build a replica.

Are the cutouts for 25 or 32 round mags?

Any other details no obviously evident in the photos?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Are the cutouts for 25 or 32 round mags?
    I have one for the Mini and they are for 32rd mags.
    I keep my Umarex Mini BB gun in mine just for fun. I replaced the frame, bbl., grip frame etc with metal. I've occasionally carried my real Mini in it if it's just for show and tell. It's not really the ideal range case.

Last edited by Jack007; 07-12-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

yeah, that case is nice and all..........but this case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq32DYvgoLs puts that one as well as the MP5 case to shame

explanation of the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4kkIHGR0Q
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 07-12-2021 at 01:40 PM.

The soft sided bag for the B&T TP9 looks pretty modern and wouldn't draw attention.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yreb7Fj6Ccg

+ Reply to Thread