UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Masterpiece Arms Defender Magazine Loading Tool

Need Masterpiece Arms Defender Magazine Loading Tool

I have a 9mm Masterpiece Arms Defender. The factory magazines are pretty much impossible to load past 20rds. They're too long (front to back) to allow my Maglula to work. My Sten magazine loading tool doesn't work either. Masterpiece Arms offers one, but it looks cheap. Are there any good options out there?

How about the Cobray ones?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Slather the top and sides with epoxy putty. Or try a grease gun mag loader with shims. I made one out of a M3 loader for the Suomi stick mags. There is always duct tape.

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...mm-mag-loader/

Now let's repeat the non-conformists' oath: I promise to be different! I promise to be unique! I promise not to repeat things other people say! Good!

$24 for a remix of the old Sten loader? Sheesh. They could at least do a nicer job on the print.

I'm not familiar with the Cobray loaders. If you have a picture, that would be great. The Masterpiece Arms loader looks cheap to me. The thing that I like about the Maglula and original Sten loaders that I have is that they use levers to push the cartridges down. You don't have to press the magazine on anything when using them. The one shown above requires that you press the bottom of the magazine on something. That's better than nothing, but not near as good as the others.

Thanks for the link. That's the same basic concept as the MPA loader. I'll get that type if I can't find one with a built in lever like the Maglula or Sten loader.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I use Sten surplus mags in mine, I have the spoon loader.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starvingboy View Post
    $24 for a remix of the old Sten loader? Sheesh. They could at least do a nicer job on the print.
    It would be stronger if printed in a different orientation, this part is just asking for layer adhesion failure.

+ Reply to Thread