UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make my own “kyber pass” spiker

Make my own “kyber pass” spiker

Need a beer drinking project, I have a nice poly tech spiker and a few others but don’t take them out much as I do my beater 86 Romanian G. It goes everywhere and I never carry the bayo. Wish it was on there all the time like the Chinese spikers and out of the way until needed. There Always useful for Finishing off a squirming pig, or dillers and shooting them off the end, and my fav being able to stick it in the ground and set your beer on the buttstock when ya gotta piss! Knowing I could buy a Chinese sight/bayo combo for about 275$ was in option but I wanted something alittle more one of a kind. So I had an ider, seeing a SKS bayonet rolling around in my drawer a light bulb came on. So here we go, off to the races.

Had to cut off the barrel ring and replace it with a bigger one that would slip over AK slant brake. Then turn a sleeve with correct ID that I could press on behind the front sight to weld bayonet hinge point to. Y’all see where this is going?
    ATTACH]36293[/ATTACH]

Name:  71344FE6-26EE-4759-83CA-3F16BE784BD4.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  80.5 KB
    Attached Images  

Name:  51D4EE61-55B8-4D22-89CA-DCE9805BAA10.jpeg
Size:  92.8 KBAfter test fitting pieces I stripped it and got everything lined up in place. Pressed on sleeve and located where to weld the chopped down base to the sleeve so it would lock up tonight to the handguard and swing to fit over brake. Then welded it up
    Attached Images  

Found out I Had to neuter bayonet lug to allow clearance for new bayo to lock up. I Didn’t cut to deep cause i wanted it to still have cleaning rod hung through it as it’s suppose to. This is really the only part of the rifle I had to actually modify. Everything else can be taken back off. Name:  08E84C9A-9707-47CB-B91D-98A3EA474ED9.jpeg
Size:  79.1 KB

Grooved the bottom handguard to fit spike, tacked bayo in place and checked function. Then Welded it on. Just gotta give a good final sanding/blending and maybe alittle paint.
    Attached Images    

UZI Talk Supporter
    That's AWESOME!
    I always wanted an AK with a Spike Bayo and an Underfolding Stock (not sure why, just thought it would look cool).

I've wondered if you could use a Front Sight/Bayo Lug from an SKS on an AK, I've never compared the measurements.
    Last edited by sniperdoc; 01-12-2021 at 09:24 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    [QUOTE=sniperdoc;841528]That's AWESOME!
    I always wanted an AK with a Spike Bayo and an Underfolding Stock (not sure why, just thought it would look cool).

I've wondered if you could use a Front Sight/Bayo Lug from an SKS on an AK, I've never compared the measurement

Also, I've never understood why Attached Bayonets never became Military Standard; they are far less subject to loss, and are quicker to deploy.

Yeah I wondered why it wasn’t standard issue either. I always put mine in my ruck. I did keep a good SOG blade on my belt with day/night flare taped to it at all times. Still got it and still carry it there.

Got the welds cleaned up and hit it with some cold blue. Cool project, one of a kind, and different. Just thought I’d share.
    Name:  5443D5CC-AE2E-4566-AB87-653617D9F712.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  129.3 KB
    Name:  026CAE39-F468-4C6E-AE60-3DC95DEEE19F.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  144.3 KB

UZI Talk Life Member
    Good job! I want one for my next AK.
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Nicely done. No pics of the deployed mode???
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member

My guess would be the weight and utility of the bayonet that you could use as a knife. When you increase the moment arm by 2, you increase the force required by 4. So if you add 8 oz to the end of the barrel, since that weight is two feet away from your body, that would feel like holding up an extra pound or two. An AK would be more accurate with a heavier barrel. But the barrel is of a thin profile because it is easier to carry. Adding additional weight to the end of the barrel would tend to make holding the rifle on target harder. So I would imagine that would be why permanently mounted spike type bayonets never really took off.

Congratulations on your project.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Nicely done. No pics of the deployed mode???
    Sure
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread