$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A (Very Short) Lesson

UZI Talk Supporter

A (Very Short) Lesson

It's is a proven FACT that:
    1) As Air Pressure increases, Air Velocity decreases, and
    2) As Air Velocity increases, Air Pressure decreases.

This fact is why Airplanes can fly!

IF we can get an Aeronautical Engineer to seriously apply his/her education to the field of Silencers, it just might be possible to eliminate all the sound of discharging a firearm (minus the mechanical sounds, of course)

When I was in the service we had Aeronautical Engineers that designed a set of "mufflers" for a watercraft engine that a local shop had. I was in the process of having the engineers help make a special part I needed for an aircraft and had a chance to look at these mufflers. I was shocked to see how they looked exactly like a suppressor. They had blast chambers, K baffles, and almost what I would consider a wipe. I immediately thought of the old Sionics cans. Long story short: I think they have already been some that have solved the problem, just hasn't made it anywhere yet.

I'm convinced this is a solved problem at this point. The problem being people want a PORTABLE suppressor. You can only do SO much within a limited volume. I assume there is a volume to DB Reduction curve, and would be curious to see how steep the tradeoff curve is.

UZI Talk Supporter
    My Curtis tactical grease gun barrel silencer does just that already. All you hear is the clack of the bolt. 0 bullet noise. It’s amazing

+ Reply to Thread