UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So what are Suomi drums going for these days?

So what are Suomi drums going for these days?

A buddy is asking about buying some from me and I have no idea what current pricing is. They're all in good functional shape but nothing special.

TIA

Thank you.

$65 to $85 is probably about right for working ones with not great finish. I watch all the auctions on GunBroker for them.

UZI Talk Supporter
    They were $50 each at the SAR show in December.

Here's a true story related to Suomi drums...

A ne PA police department officers entered a house and found Suomi drums. They immediately called the bomb squad thinking they were land mines.

I guess there were no SMG/militaria enthusiasts present. Hopefully the bomb squad gave them some ribbing over it.

wow, they are going for that much........there can't be a whole lot of SUMOI guns out there. was there a influx of SUOMI firearms that I didn't get the memo of ?.

I bought a 5 or 6 back when I could pick them up for around 15 bucks a pop, of all places a gun show, to modify them for a 9mm PPS43 and MP5.
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 01-14-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Price is based on supply and demand. Saw in 1974 Shotgun News, Sarco was the only source for Suomi drums.... $120 each.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    From their robust construction, the drums are easily worth $120. That is interesting that they were that expensive in 1974!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Price is based on supply and demand.

yeah, I can understand supply and demand........but honestly where is the demand for those drums?? for that kind of price to go up that much there should be box cars full of SUOMI rifles/pistols out there being sold, where people are knocking down each other to buy those...........and subsequently the drums to go in them, that I can understand why the price would go up, there is a demand for them.......... but there isn't any demand for those drum, at least none I can wrap my head around.

and I doubt any economist can explain it either.

going back, those M1918 belt loaders were all over the place for inexpensive or cheap, but no one except the people that owned M1919 MG bought them, so they stayed at the inexpensive level....then when the M1919 semi-auto build craze took off like gang busters, 20 years ago, all of those loader became very expensive to the tune of 1100+ bucks, as people were clamoring feverishly to own one (demand) for their 1919 semis

so I ask again..........where is the demand for those drums???
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 01-14-2021 at 02:27 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Everyone who has a Lage Max 31 style upper wants 5, 10, 20...30? There are a lot of Suomi parts kits people have/or plan to make into semi rifles, that want them. Ive seen them used in SW76 style weapons. I’ve even seen some AR lowers that are converted to use them. There is a fair number of people who want them, and many want lots of them. That coupled with the Supply is probably controlled by a few big players with the vast majority of the surplus mags. Diminished Supply drives price up even in a small market.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Billy View Post
    Have you heard of or read the Biden administration's plans and desires for he considers "reasonable" magazine capacity limits and his intentions of what to do about it? Whether panic buying, hoarding or prudent purchasing practices, the specter of inability to obtain anything with more than a 10 round capacity (or 7, or just 2 in the double barrel shotgun, which is after all, all you really "need") is probably part of the driving factor.

Have you eva heard of Lage? LOL

OK, had to look it up on GOOGLE image search what a lage is.... ok, that is probably the reason they are in high demand,

OK, had to look it up on GOOGLE image search what a lage is.... ok, that is probably the reason they are in high demand,
    That's why there has been a surge in MAC 10/11 buying. All kinds of uppers available for slow fire, varying magazines, calibers, and possible AR15 uppers... if they get approval.

Yeah, the demand is right here. You're looking at it.

And MAC uppers that were made by Stony Creek Armory and Alliance Armament.

Don't forget about the MPA 971 A few of us have one of those too.

MPA-971 for sale on gunbroker right now. Don't see those come up for sale much.

+ Reply to Thread