UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anybody see the keltec p50?

anybody see the keltec p50?

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/p50/

Kinda like the idea of the 5.7x28 cartridge... super partial to subguns/pistols. Only hesitancy on getting one of these things is the unreloadability factor of the cartridge.
    Totally awesome gun though! Keltec doesnt make what i think are good looking firearms, but i do like their innovation. This makes the third keltec i want. The sub2000 and the cp33 are the other two.

UZI Talk Life Member
    9mm please.
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Keltec is unreal....I love this newest one. I currently have most of their pistols......including the CP33 (I call it my space gun), PMR30, and the sub 2k. My favorite is the CP33. I highly recommend it. So much fun to shoot.

If you do get one this loader is a must - American Speed Loader. They also make one for the PMR30, also a must. Both those mags have to loaded just right or they'll jam. With this loader, no jamming. I have over 3,000 rnds fired (cp33), no jams. I put a Hogue rubber grip glove on both cause the grips are a bit slippery and thin for me.

David

UZI Talk Life Member
    Using the p90 mag in a pistol is humorous...

Did they make it easy to sbr it and add a stock on it?

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Keltec have some very cool ideas; I wish they would get more efficient production folks.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnh View Post
    Using the p90 mag in a pistol is humorous...

Did they make it easy to sbr it and add a stock on it?
    No they didn't, while tempted I think I'll save my ammo for my PS90 sbr. Ability to sbr it would be my only reason for buying it.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Want for SBR. The PS90 is so expensive and is also expensive to cut down the barrel on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Keltec have some very cool ideas; I wish they would get more efficient production folks.
    I've toured the factory. They make everything in house and have an impressive facility. The issue is that they make a huge catalogue of products and the demand for all of them is massive.

5.7x28 was extremely expensive before AmmoGeddon.

With AmmoGeddon Letís be honest about it, this gun for the vast majority of buyers will be a club and or paperweight.

I guess on the plus side, KelTec wonít be getting that many back for repairs or warranty work.

KelTec does make some really interesting gun designs and in my option are one of a very few companies that think outside of the box.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I've looked at it on their website, I'd rather have a PS90 and SBR it. The mag changes on the Kel-Tec look very slow, but with a 50rd Mag, that shouldn't be a problem.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    5.7x28 was extremely expensive before AmmoGeddon.

With AmmoGeddon Let’s be honest about it, this gun for the vast majority of buyers will be a club and or paperweight.

I guess on the plus side, KelTec won’t be getting that many back for repairs or warranty work.

KelTec does make some really interesting gun designs and in my option are one of a very few companies that think outside of the box.
    Exactly. Terrible timing for a gun with a 50-rd mag of pricey ammo, even in normal times.

I have a PMR30, CMR30, CP33, Sub2000. They are all ugly and clumsy looking....but due to combinations of caliber, capacity or compact design are worth owning.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
    I've toured the factory. They make everything in house and have an impressive facility. The issue is that they make a huge catalogue of products and the demand for all of them is massive.
    How'd you manage that tour? I bet that was neat.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

Definetaly agree with the 9mm sentiment. Would probably buy one then. Wouldnt be surprised if brace and stock options came out for it aftter market. If it was 9mm would be awesome to make a integral supressed rifle...

UZI Talk Life Member

That gun is conceived, designed and built solely for the 5.7x28 50 round mag. I don't think it makes any marketing sense for any other round / magazine.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    How'd you manage that tour? I bet that was neat.
    I rode my motorcycle 1200 miles there in one day without making any prior arrangements. They probably just felt too bad to turn me away haha. On the way home I rode in heavy snow for 400 miles to make it to a work event in time. Oh to be young and dumb

The tour was great though. Meeting George for a second time (I had briefly met him at Shot Show previously) was awesome. He's a legend.

For people already into 5.7 this I think is amazing ... Remember up to this point the only guns in the USA takeing 5.1 were

The FN stuff the 5.7 pistol and the PS90
    A few AR rifles the old ar57 and a CCMG one but it use it own mag
    That weird Execl arms pistol back when
    A few MPA mac style pistol
    And the new ruger

But thats it and of the rifle few took the ps90 mag

I think any new 5.7 is good it will keep the round going and as we saw when the Ruger came out force companies to make ammo for it Gold dot now has SD loads which will help the brand

I think the gun yes is ugly and not being able to brace it or SBR it will be at issue ..But I think it will be coming ..This even stock would be a great truck etc gun ..Low recoil lots of round and well its PDW size maybe AOW it and put a foregrip on it and there you go a great pdw like the 5.7 is meant for

+ Reply to Thread