UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Value of an SWD m11/9?

Value of an SWD m11/9?

What do you think the value is of an SWD m11/9 that has been covered to use a STEN magwell and has had the slow fire TASK conversion done (including the hole in the backplate)? This would be a local non-dealer transaction for a gun that is in fair/good condition. It seems to me that the STEN magwell and TASK conversion reduce the value of the gun but I am not sure by how much.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Less than one without mods. Those mods are worth less today.

You can return it to whatever configuration but that costs a little.

If a stock m11/9 is currently $7k-$8400k

I’d say yours for a quick sale is $6900 the lower the number “6” the quicker it sells.

UZI Talk Supporter
    With a hole in the backplate, and a sten mag mod, I wouldn't even consider buying it unless it was less then 6K.......And might not at all to be honest.....

lots of love for the Sten...that said..I'm not sure what I'd pay.

6K +++++ seems like neighborhood.

Magwell is no issue with the newer toys avl. and lots of sten mags avl for regular configuation.

UZI Talk Life Member

Sam can change the magwell to the standard magwell for $400 including a refinish. I don't know what he would charge for a new backplate, but I would guess another $100. To me the market value is right around $8,000 for a standard M11/NINE. The value is in the paperwork not the condition of the finish. Rubin has a bunch of M10s and he is looking for $8,000 each. He tends to be higher than the market value but you are paying for his reputation. He doesn't have a single M11/NINE listed for sale. I would buy a M11/NINE at $6,000 to $7,000 to flip. That seems to me like a "brother in law " price, not the fair market value of what you described.

Scott

Guys thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. It helps me get a better idea of the value, especially given that the mods done to the gun do lessen the value but it's hard to say by how much.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rssc View Post
    Guys thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. It helps me get a better idea of the value, especially given that the mods done to the gun do lessen the value but it's hard to say by how much.
    Contact Practical Solutions and they will tell you exactly what it would cost to change the magwell grip back to the original, replace the back plate, and refinish. Personally I don't see the hole in the back as a negative. Other than the original wire stock I never use, all my other stocks cover the hole in the back plate of my M11/NINE. Using the Max-11/15 or TASK system just gives you more options.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    Contact Practical Solutions and they will tell you exactly what it would cost to change the magwell grip back to the original, replace the back plate, and refinish. Personally I don't see the hole in the back as a negative. Other than the original wire stock I never use, all my other stocks cover the hole in the back plate of my M11/NINE. Using the Max-11/15 or TASK system just gives you more options.

Scott
    Thanks for the info. I've exchanged a few emails with Sam. It is almost $800 plus insured shipping to him. This only includes costs to change the lower back to stock, not the upper. I would imagine a different bolt/carrier would be required but am not sure on that.

UZI Talk Life Member

You mean the TASK modified bolt? It has a rod in it to connect the bolt to additional weight (buffer with the AR buffer. As far as the bolt, cut the rod off and grind it smooth. I would recommend using a standard spring and back plate with a urithain buffer pad. Sam makes an upgraded ejector rod. Of course you could skip all that and buy a tungsten alloy bolt from Tom (Vegas SMG). Personally I would leave it the way it is. The hole doesn't hurt anything. There are plenty of STEN mags around. Buy a bunch. Some will work, others won't. Sell the mags that don't work and keep the ones that do. Just a thought.

Scott

Yes I was referring to the bolt. I really appreciate the info you've given. It is very helpful!

The "hole" is no big dealiO.......it work with the 223 upper or plug it...not a deal killer.

Sten mags are still the cheapest on the planet...and fit lots of toys.

+ Reply to Thread