UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max31-K....is this happening for sure?

Max31-K....is this happening for sure?

Saw a blurb about it a couple of weeks ago, e-mailed Jackie, and got on the “list”. Don’t know if this is an interest only list, or for a firm order. Does anyone know for sure if this will really happen, or is it more of a “let’s see what the interest is and maybe decide to go into production” kind of thing.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I’ve been hounding for years all sorts of ways. I’m on the list.

Don’t make any popcorn, the movie isn’t going to play anytime soon.

I ordered a Max-31k upper a few months ago and got it within a week or two. But they were actually in stock on the Lage website then. Super cool little upper. Totally worth buying a Mac-11 in .380.

UZI Talk Life Member
    He’s talking about the 31k for the m11/9

I was given an estimated time of the first three months of 21

UZI Talk Life Member
    By who?

My copy sent June of last year:

We are looking into the possibility of making a shorter version of the MAX-31 mk2 Upper. It has not been proven yet and we do not have a prototype. We were asked to open a waiting list by those interested. I’ve added you to the list and you are #(edited). We will update the new products section of the website to update status of the project. Thank you!

They still have .556 uppers in m10 and m11/380 pending, not approved.. the notice of 31k/9 was afterwards.

Burn your popcorn

UZI Talk Life Member
    I like the looks of the Max 10/31 magwell over the Max31s... if modular mag wells are not an option.

A perpendicular magwell would also be a good upgrade. Regular Zmags could be used with a pop in magwell.

The modified Gen1 Max31K with a perpendicular magwell works very well with Glock mags.

My email from Jackie was from November

@strobro are you saying that a magwell adapter to take regular Zmags on a Max31 would be possible?
    That would be awesome

UZI Talk Life Member
    Production has been delayed, but we are definitely producing the MAX-31C (shortened MAX-31) and the MAX-10/31k ( shortened MAX-10/31). There are waiting list for both. No BATF determination letter required, since it is just a shortened version. We will post photos here when the first pieces are produced.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    Email sent thanks Richard. I love the full size upper I cut down to a K- but would like to also have a factory made version!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

“To abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOM”

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveradot View Post
    @strobro are you saying that a magwell adapter to take regular Zmags on a Max31 would be possible?
    That would be awesome
    If the Max31 series had a perpendicular magwell like the M31 or M45, it is easy possible without modifying the feed lips. If I hold ZMags or Glock mags in the mag well, it rips right through them.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    If the Max31 series had a perpendicular magwell like the M31 or M45, it is easy possible without modifying the feed lips. If I hold ZMags or Glock mags in the mag well, it rips right through them.

That's amazing. It seems like and enterprising individual on this forum who owns a 3D printer would be able to whip up some kind of adapter in no time.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    Production has been delayed, but we are definitely producing the MAX-31C (shortened MAX-31) and the MAX-10/31k ( shortened MAX-10/31). There are waiting list for both. No BATF determination letter required, since it is just a shortened version. We will post photos here when the first pieces are produced.
    First of all, I'm glad to hear the short 31 uppers are being made. Hip hip hooray for that! I think that the reasoning on the lack of a need for a determination letter is reasonable, but doesn't that same logic also apply to the 11/15a as it's a shortened version of the 11/15?

Now to be fair in this case you're shortening a version that's already been approved for that specific host, and I'm talking about shortening a version that's been approved for a different host. I see the difference, but but isn't it an academic difference, as you're talking about shortening an already approved device for a gun with identical method of function?

I mean, in reality I'm running a lage 10/45 on a JAWS host, a host for which there has been no submission. Same goes for a MAC M11 vs a SWD M11/A1.

Nobody worries about that, because it's acknowledged that the JAWS avenger commando is functionally equivalent to a MAC 10/45 even though there are dimensional differences. I think it stands to reason that even though there is about an inch of difference in length, the SWD 11/9 has reasonably identical function to the SWD M11/A1.
    Last edited by Gaujo; 01-24-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Strobro.......how do you like that stock? I’m running the Zhukov adapter on mine, but always thought that little stock looked kinda cool....how is the cheek weld on it compared to something more traditional?
    Last edited by stevo; 01-25-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    That’s great news Richard!

UZI Talk Life Member
    We are only shortening the barrel and fore grip. The MAX-11A1/15 upper is not as simple as shortening the MAX-11/15 upper at the rear. Also, the MAX-11A1/15 and MAX-10/15 required a newly designed proprietary bolt carrier for the IRM versions.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Strobro.......how do you like that stock? I’m running the Zhukov adapter on mine, but always that thought little stock looked kinda cool....how is the cheek weld on it compared to something more traditional?
    I like it and the lower check weld. It's light and strong. In the future think I would like to cover the aluminum rail with para cord.

Registered User FlippieFloppies's Avatar
    @strobo that picture you posted of the glock mag in the max 31 is with the default max 31 magwell? If so, I think I just might order a max 31, because I'm pretty sure we can 3D print an adapter for that. Being able to use glock mags in these would be swell.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Lage does not sell it that way. It's a Gen1 Max31 (steel upper) that I modified to a 31K with a vertical magwell. It allows the use regular M11/9 mags, M31 drums, coffins and Glock mags.

+ Reply to Thread