UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: It Is Past Time For An Update On The Tenko

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    From an engineering view, and assuming no trickery from the examiners, it could be argued that a CLOSED bolt system should not be able to fire with its hammer removed, with or without a receiver installed, and the Tenko may have a fundamental design flaw. That may sound harsh but it would actually mean it’s an engineering issue that can potentially be corrected.
    As stated above, I can not go into detail with how the Tenko adapter functions. Certainly you are entitled to bring up your concerns. I wish I could discuss in detail our mechanism, but I can't right now. We sent in a proof of concept for a determination. The determination was that the adapter was not a firearm nor did it break any other laws. Based on the proof of concept, we refined the design and added adjustments such that the adapter should function with 95% of all the M10 RRs in the registry. But the same basic function of the 3D printed version was developed in machined aluminum and submitted.

Think of the picture of the RPD upper in a vice with zip ties, angle iron, and a c-clamp holding the adapter together with an AR-15/M16 upper installed. To the FATD, using all of that stuff to get the adapter to fire was the design flaw. So now I need to redesign the system to try to overcome how they made what essentially was a M10 RR from those items. We tested several units with at least 10,000 rounds of use. As far as I know all the testers were pleased with the performance of the adapter. Now they have added an extra hoop to get through. And the "redesign equals a new machinegun" concept will have to be addressed. Thank you for your perspective.

Scott
    Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

You know the internal workings, Iím just theorizing. I wish you good luck. Itís an innovative design worthy of discussion and speculation.

UZI Talk Life Member

Thank you. I very much look forward to the day when we can make the simplicity of the design public. This has been the most frustrating aspect of the whole project. I would love to discuss the how and why of the Tenko adapter design. I originally had the idea 10 years ago. But I don't have the skills to develop the concept. I tried several times to get help, but it just didn't happen. Finally I found the engineer that we are working with. With his help and abilities we were able to make the proof of concept.

My Beta testers have been so patient listening to me and the saga that has unfolded. That support has meant a great deal to me. Someday I hope that I can start to repay them for all that they have done. Our initial submission was sent in October 2017 and the determination took 107 days. We originally submitted the aluminum version in October of 2018. I wish I would have focused more on the development but this is not how I earn a living. The engineer also had other clients. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, done it faster. This is also the first time I developed a product. This experience has been very different from my day job. Thank you all so very much for the support. This has been by far the most challenging situation of my life.

Scott
    Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

+ Reply to Thread