UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shorty M50??

UZI Talk Life Member

Shorty M50??

Anyone see this?

Iím curious if this slowed the ROF at all. Maybe a short barrel and a small weight would do it.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

ďTo abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOMĒ

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ooo that’s cool I never seen one that short

UZI Talk Supporter
    Looks homemade, with the forearm extending past the muzzle brake. Surely a factory or arsenal would have either left more barrel or shortened the forearm?

UZI Talk Life Member

Unhappy

Almost certainly post factory and maybe newer change? I would have left a tiny bit of the brake out Beyond the stock. If the short barrel slows the ROF Iím telling you guys M50 is the next Mac. With a shorter barrel, slower ROF and some adapted modern mags it could be a great match gun.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

ďTo abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOMĒ

UZI Talk Supporter
    It's dangerous to have the forearm sticking past the muzzle brake, a good way to lose a finger!
    I like the Reising because it looks different than most Mags, it's not all metal and has a wooden stock. (When I was younger, I loved the "tactical" look, but I've learned that steel and wood can be sexy, too!)

Looks great but that ainít factory. I would have left the barrel about 1/2Ē past the front of the stock.
    The m55 had a (slightly) shorter barrel with a slower rate of fire, at least thatís what Iíve read.

As for it being the next Mac, I personally would just pass and try to save and make up the difference for any Mac.
    Iíve seen someone shoot theirs suppressed and let just say he could shoot it, the blow back was extremely bad.

I kind of like it... even if it seems slightly blasphemous.

I can see a lot more of these types of mods being done if the barrel could be converted to a quick-change setup so one could go back to "original". But where changes like this are semi-permanent, it's less likely to be seen very often. Interesting nonetheless.

+ Reply to Thread