UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Bullpup MAC10-22

UZI Talk Life Member
    Scott I clearly indicated members producing their own uppers for their own use. I’m not and have not advocated anything beyond that. Nowhere did I suggest anyone manufacture multiple uppers for sale.

Furthermore, determination is elective rape (though from your perspective in making the Tenco it was the right step to take given your intent to manufacture). It’s not required. It’s a nice to have for commercial production. Nothing wrong with prototyping, cows or no. As you said neither of us are lawyers, but that is my understanding.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

“To abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOM”

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Scott I clearly indicated members producing their own uppers for their own use. I’m not and have not advocated anything beyond that. Nowhere did I suggest anyone manufacture multiple uppers for sale.

Furthermore, determination is elective rape (though from your perspective in making the Tenco it was the right step to take given your intent to manufacture). It’s not required. It’s a nice to have for commercial production. Nothing wrong with prototyping, cows or no. As you said neither of us are lawyers, but that is my understanding.
    The difference is, it is my understanding that whether you build it for yourself or you build it to sell, there is no difference in whether that "upper" is regulated under the amended National Firearms Act of '34 or the Gun Control Act of '68. By that logic, I can build my own machineguns as long as I'm the only one that shoots it. You don't get a pass on the law just because what you create is for your own use.

An individual can make all the prototypes of semi automatic firearms they want. But if that design is based on a machinegun or for use with a machinegun, just because it is for personal use doesn't allow to have or do more than what would be commercially available. Just as you said above, you and I are not lawyers. Whether for my personal use or something that I would like to bring to market, I don't want something that could bring me at odds with Law Enforcement. So I submit what I build to the FATD. You choose not to. Would your 12 gauge "upper" be considered a firearm or a machinegun? If you clamped a C-clamp on to hold an angle iron that would hold the recoil spring in the back, pulled the charging handle back with a loaded mag in it and let go of the handle, what would it do? Would it fire more than one round? But as PP you aren't a lawyer so you really don't know what the Tech Branch will determine your "upper" to be. I didn't think that the Tenko was a machinegun. The Tech Branch has ruled that it was. We plan to make some tweaks such that the C-clamp angle iron is not going to hold the recoil spring inside and a couple of other small changes and resubmit.

If you don't want to submit your design, don't. It is no "skin off my nose ". But advocating that this site create a forum so others can gain access to designs that "could " be problematic is IMO irresponsible. I guess that choice would be up to Dave. Your mileage can certainly vary from mine.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter

Your are correct Scott, It is up to Dave to police this site not you.
    Last edited by mak91; 02-10-2021 at 09:11 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    “ But advocating that this site create a forum so others can gain access to designs that "could " be problematic is IMO irresponsible.”

Again Scott I explicitly indicated that this site should not be used to convey any intellectual content (design files) or problematic designs as you call them. All the concerns you cite seem based on a lack of comprehension or you’re just inching for a debate... I’m not interested. This was a polite ask- as Mak said Dave is the ultimate decider and I’m confident he’ll herd the cats as he sees fit.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

UZI Talk Life Member

As posted above, that is up to Dave.

Scott

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    This this turning to a "general talk" thread quickly
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    This this turning to a "general talk" thread quickly
    Agree PLEASE resume the regularly scheduled.22 bullpup discussion!!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Agree PLEASE resume the regularly scheduled.22 bullpup discussion!!
    Any recommendations on adding a fore grip with a mechanism to replicate the action of the trigger? To trigger the trigger, as it were? Too bad cheap AK bullpup kits are no longer cheap.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky923 View Post
    Any recommendations on adding a fore grip with a mechanism to replicate the action of the trigger? To trigger the trigger, as it were? Too bad cheap AK bullpup kits are no longer cheap.
    Check out the Kushnapup bullpup stock for Saiga shotgun. I would use a similar trigger set up it actually had a decent pull and tension could be adjusted via a threaded bolt - a solid but simple design to use as model.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

+ Reply to Thread