UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZMAG-S - any update on these?

First rule of Mac owners if something comes to market get it.
    Upper 1 or 2, mags minimum of 10. I have a buddy that has 4 mac's and is always crying.
    Were did you get that I want one sorry you can't lol. Sooo I run my uppers on his guns lol

I'm waiting on my Form 4 to come back after purchasing my first M11/9 back in October. I'm also currently on the wait list for a Max-31. It sucks being late to the party on the ZMAG-S31.

After searching around the forum, I think the the ideal solution is a mag well adapter for the Max-31 that uses standard 30- and 50-round ZMAGs. It sounds like one of the members here (strobro32) already made a one-off. I might see if I can throw something together based on that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by planigan View Post
    I'm waiting on my Form 4 to come back after purchasing my first M11/9 back in October. I'm also currently on the wait list for a Max-31. It sucks being late to the party on the ZMAG-S31.

After searching around the forum, I think the the ideal solution is a mag well adapter for the Max-31 that uses standard 30- and 50-round ZMAGs. It sounds like one of the members here (strobro32) already made a one-off. I might see if I can throw something together based on that idea.
    Something like that may do the trick. In the meantime, I just ordered some drums and will cross my fingers that someone eventually sells some of the ZMAG-Ss in the future. I’ll also look at my standard ZMAGs and see if there’s a simple solution, like welding on a plate.

UZI Talk Supporter
    In order to re-work the mags, you’ll need to 1, re shape the magazine lips to the appropriate angle. 2. Machine the tab. 3. Weld the tab on. 4. Apply a finish on the magazine (inside and out). It’s actually very labor intensive if you do it right. Half-assed jn welded on 3D printed tabs would probably work, but will likely fail pretty quick. Good stuff costs money....

Sten mags and machine or print tabs for the back of them.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
    Sten mags and machine or print tabs for the back of them.
    This. Sten mags are available, but not a cheap as they once were of course. The trick is getting the tabs.

Yo SparkO

Long time No see.

Tune in to Mo if your still in the game.,

Someone should do this tab thing and super glue or weld them on.
    Its not that big of a dealio .,

Why they crapped out...lack of sales

UZI Talk Supporter

Unless you have a specific reason to need 30s, there's nothing better than those drums.

compared to sticks: drums are tough to carry

UZI Talk Supporter
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xA8IMwM7M

I can run with 4 of these on a pistol belt. Can you run with 10 full stick mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post

I can run with 4 of these on a pistol belt. Can you run with 10 full stick mags?
    Yes I can physically do it but I don't think I have the room around my waist for 4 drums or 10 sticks. I'm pretty much full with 2 AK mags and 2 BHP mags. At that point it's gone almost 180 around.

yes

4 of those are the same as 4 sticks when you're limited to 30 rds. To my knowledge: Lage stopped making those. I do believe they are in the process of making some new type of drum holder though.

Quote Originally Posted by xdamagedx View Post
    yes
    I do believe they are in the process of making some new type of drum holder though.
    Do you imply theres a New Upper in the Werks?

45 cal maybe

UZI Talk Supporter
    New drum holder?

I'd be interested to see that. Mine worked great with the exception that a couple rusted. Still work though.

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    Do you imply theres a New Upper in the Werks?

45 cal maybe
    Not to my knowledge.

New drum holder?

I'd be interested to see that. Mine worked great with the exception that a couple rusted. Still work though.
    Thats what I heard.

It's unfortunate that they won't consider another production run. The world of magazine pricing and availability today is drastically different than when they were discontinued. They didn't make economic sense several years ago when drums were $25-$40. Now drums are nearing $100 and coffins sell quickly for $150.

I'd sign up for the $475 12-pack (That's the old figure displayed on their website) right now.

^^ ditto.

Would buy 10 or so as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Galil#1 View Post
    Would buy 10 or so as well...
    Problem with people saying they'd buy 6 or 10 or a dozen, is that we need someone who's willing to buy about 1700 at retail in order to justify a new run, in addition to all the folks buying a handful... Like it was mentioned before, we could try organizing a group buy, but I doubt that we'd be close to the 2k minimum needed for Shockwave to do a run.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-Ri View Post
    Problem with people saying they'd buy 6 or 10 or a dozen, is that we need someone who's willing to buy about 1700 at retail in order to justify a new run, in addition to all the folks buying a handful... Like it was mentioned before, we could try organizing a group buy, but I doubt that we'd be close to the 2k minimum needed for Shockwave to do a run.
    Assuming they charged at least double the cost to produce, you might be able to pay for 1000 at retail prices, and then they would be in profit mode on all remaining mags. Something to float once you've got 100 people willing to buy 10.

Someone said they got rid of the tooling though.
    Last edited by Gaujo; 03-30-2021 at 11:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread