UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZMAG-S - any update on these?

ZMAG-S - any update on these?

I recently acquired a Lage upper for my M11a1 (a MAX-31k) and, while I want to mostly run drums, I really like the idea of stick mags without the need to locate and pay for the Suomi coffin mags. I've seen where Shockwave listed "ZMAG-S" models that are designed to work with Suomi uppers, but can't seem to find any information. Were they ever released? Is there any other source for them?

Thanks!

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Yes, they were released, however do to low demand they have been discontinued and they have been sold out for some time. They do come up on the used market from time to time. There are ways to convert Z mags or STEn mags to work in the max31 too.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    Yes, they were released, however do to low demand they have been discontinued and they have been sold out for some time. They do come up on the used market from time to time. There are ways to convert Z mags or STEn mags to work in the max31 too.
    Thanks. I'll give a look on the used boards and see what I can find re: converting the standard ZMAGs.

UZI Talk Supporter
    They sat on the market for years, nobody bought them. Then they discontinued them and everyone wishes they bought them twice a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    They sat on the market for years, nobody bought them. Then they discontinued them and everyone wishes they bought them twice a month.
    I have some thankfully, but when the drums were close to the same price, it was more attractive to buy the 71 rounders for the buck.. as time moved on, the mags were the cheaper option, that's when i got mine.. shouldda couldda wouldda... Should have gotten more

Going rate at the moment is around $100 per.

I thought someone said in the other thread he was going to make another run?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericoak View Post
    I thought someone said in the other thread he was going to make another run?
    He has said the exact opposite.

Talked to them last week.....tried my best to convince them to do more.

Nope..Not gonna happen. It took too long to sell the last batch was the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    Talked to them last week.....tried my best to convince them to do more.

Nope..Not gonna happen. It took too long to sell the last batch was the reply.
    Just my luck. Guess it's drums and coffins. Any thoughts on whether I should spring for the new-ish condition drums or go "shooter's grade". Thnx, all!

UZI Talk Supporter
    It's easy. Pay for a whole run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    It's easy. Pay for a whole run.
    Yep, or get a group buy and get enough people commit to buying all 2000. Id think shockwave would do the run of 2000 again if it were paid for up front. I’d buy 10, maybe more, but you will need 200 people buying 10 each, or 100 people buying 20 each). I might even buy 20, with the intent of trying to flip the extra 10 to new buyers way on down the road. If they are nonexistent later and selling for 100 as they are now, it will happen again and selling the extra 10 later for 100 each would almost pay for all 20 mags..

Let’s do the math on someone buying all 2000 and reselling them.... How much were these when they were for sale? 54.xx? X2000 mags equals 108,000 initial investment. If someone were to have that type of cash and willing to invest it, how much would one need to sell them for to make a profit that worth their time and investment? Let’s say 70.00 per mag (15.00 profit per mag). They would need to sell 1542 mags to break even at that price point. The remaining 458 mags would be all profit (32,000) and a good 30ish% return but how long would it take to sell them all? If you sell them for 80.00/mag, the first 1350 cover your initial cost, and the remaining 650 mags, gets you a 52,000 profit, but at that price, they would prob sell slower...

Just talking out loud and the numbers are without tax....
    Last edited by scottMO; 02-12-2021 at 02:16 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I think that you'd be better off setting up a little business to convert regular Z mags to S mag configuration. That way you would buy 50 Z mags, convert them and sell as demand comes. You'd have a lot less money sitting on the shelf.

FYI, I just bought 4 coffins from Rifle Gear. Shipped quick (free too) and they look great. They are still in stock at the moment.

https://www.riflegear.com/p-8901-bt-...azine-kh9.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by CKxx View Post
    FYI, I just bought 4 coffins from Rifle Gear. Shipped quick (free too) and they look great. They are still in stock at the moment.

https://www.riflegear.com/p-8901-bt-...azine-kh9.aspx
    Thanks, bro! I just got my Max-31k in this morning and ordered 4 Suomi drums from Clearview. Will pick up some coffins...the wife's gonna be pissed!

Aftermarket Manufacturers: "We made this cool new niche product specifically for the Mac community."

Mac Community: *Lukewarm Meh*

Aftermarket Manufacturers: "After several years of slow sales we have decided to discontinue production of this item."

Mac Community: "OMFG I HAVE TO HAVE IT. TAKE MY FIRSTBORN!"

This is normal human reaction. People only want what they can't have. Outlaw something and then everyone wants one. Most gun collectors only collect guns no longer made. Do you know of a gun collector today whom is collecting guns that are mass produced today? NO.

I agree, but some of it is new owners just getting into these guns. I am fairly new to MACs, but was lucky enough to time it right in order to obtain a lot of goodies that are hard to find now.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC MAN View Post
    This is normal human reaction. People only want what they can't have. Outlaw something and then everyone wants one. Most gun collectors only collect guns no longer made. Do you know of a gun collector today whom is collecting guns that are mass produced today? NO.
    I collect AKs. Can't think of a gun more mass produced and more mass produced today. I prefer Bulgarian, and Russian variants but I'll be thrilled to have most any variant.

+ Reply to Thread