UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: ZMAG-S - any update on these?

UZI Talk Supporter
    I signed up for two. May have signed up previously... I currently have 6 of the Zmag-S and 6 converted Sten mags, but a couple more wouldn’t hurt.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906015949

Two 30 round zmag-s for $315!

I know these mags didn’t sell too well when they were available but now with all the new max 31k uppers that have been coming out it MIGHT make sense to start production again at some point. It may only move well enough if none of the rifle calibers get atf approval and if they drop the $50k minimum production order amount. I really hope we see the rifle caliber uppers approved soon tho!

Tooling up for a run is very very expensive. I don't forsee them dropping the minimum order.

But seriously, modified Sten mags if you gotta have mags now.

I’m late to the Suomi upper game. Back when the stick mags were available the drums were cheaper. With drums getting expensive it changes the equation somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by mwarnick1 View Post
    I’m late to the Suomi upper game. Back when the stick mags were available the drums were cheaper. With drums getting expensive it changes the equation somewhat.
    If one already has a fair number of Glock mags as I do, it's about to the point where it would be cheaper to buy a Suomi mag upper and a Glock mag adapter; then take the upper and adapter to a gunsmith and have them cut out the Suomi magwell and TIG weld in the Glock mag adapter.

Or just design an adapter and use it in the existing upper.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ok, so I just posted a want to trade add where I’m willing to trade a zmag-s for a coffin mag! Looks like they are about equal now.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    Ok, so I just posted a want to trade add where I’m willing to trade a zmag-s for a coffin mag! Looks like they are about equal now.
    Yes and no, if you bought drums back when you could buy them for $15 or $20, that has nothing to do with current market values. But that is how much you have in your drums. So to trade a drum (especially when you bought many at the very early price) for a stick mag that has always had a higher market value, seems like a good deal to me. I don't think such a trade would prove the market value is the same. It would just prove that the value of such a trade was good enough for one drum owner to make such a trade. That is just my opinion.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    Yes and no, if you bought drums back when you could buy them for $15 or $20, that has nothing to do with current market values. But that is how much you have in your drums. So to trade a drum (especially when you bought many at the very early price) for a stick mag that has always had a higher market value, seems like a good deal to me. I don't think such a trade would prove the market value is the same. It would just prove that the value of such a trade was good enough for one drum owner to make such a trade. That is just my opinion.

Scott
    He said coffin mag.
    God bless him if he gets a bite.
    I doubt it though.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by john-g View Post
    He said coffin mag.
    God bless him if he gets a bite.
    I doubt it though.
    I stand corrected.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter