UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: What is it?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Haaa totally out of my price range but if you build it in 37mm or smaller I’m not aware of any prohibition of fully automatic signaling devices. 200k seems a steep price to pay for an additional 3mm IMO!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

“To abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOM”

Let us know when you get started on the MK19 flare launcher. The hard part is going to be finding 37mm links...

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    Let us know when you get started on the MK19 flare launcher. The hard part is going to be finding 37mm links...
    In some ways belt fed would almost be easier mechanically speaking than a tube fed... or maybe not- but I’m focused on a scaled down CL so that’s the next item in the pipeline.
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

“To abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOM”

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    While the China Lake GLs were super cool, I have to admit that a Beltfed would be awesome
    Belt fed WOULD be cool, and since the poster after you says they’re out of my price range, didn’t the MK-19 have a crank-actuated predecessor? I seem to recall... such a thing would not be full-auto, like a Gatling isn’t, or am I wrong?

Edit- They did exist. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_1...enade_launcher

A 37mm version could be done...

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    In some ways belt fed would almost be easier mechanically speaking than a tube fed... or maybe not- but I’m focused on a scaled down CL so that’s the next item in the pipeline.
    Both sound like great projects. I’m pretty high on the idea of a 37mm mk-18 now, though.

Here's Ian's video on the MK18, I doubt if it would work with plastic cased 37mm ammo. It uses a "split breech", essentially 2 rotors that have half-circle troughs in them that align to form a "sort of chamber" when in line with the bbl. The grenades it used were low pressure and had an AL case that contained the pressure as the split breech looks like it did little besides feed the rounds in and align them to the bbl.

https://youtu.be/09RKpXYuxyQ

+ Reply to Thread