UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Options for cheek pad

Options for cheek pad

I'm looking for some ideas on what can be used as a cheek pad (for scoped) on a folding stock.

UZI Talk Life Member
    cheapest, double or triple wrap paracord, I do it for a more for comfort than for scope.

UZI Talk Life Member

I wonder if you could paracord over a section of foam pipe insulation.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    I wonder if you could paracord over a section of foam pipe insulation.
    yeah that would probably work just as well, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Billy View Post
    I wouldn’t bother with that one... I bought one several years back for a FAL and it doesn’t attach particularly well, not worth messing with.

First, they exist, but after 30 years i only saw one set.

The one below i made my self with Electric tube guides and a plastic bar + stripper

Paco

Paco, you did a outstanding job of making a cheek riser! that my friend is thinking out of the box and using things you may have laying around the house, or at the very least spending very little, a couple of bucks to make one .

I always tip my hat and admired anyone that can fabricated/modify things using their brain and hands in making something that solves a "problem"

the question I have to ask on the real one, is why in the heck they did they go with hex head screws for adjusting the height? where you would need a hex key, that could be lost.

I would have opted for a wing nut or something similar so you could just use your hand to tighten the riser to the desired height.

but then I suppose, once you adjusted the height, and tightening the bejesus out of the screws you wouldn't need to mess with it again

I've also fabricated a cheek riser for my MOSIN-NAGANT with a PU scope, that closely matches what the Soviets had on their PE/PEM scoped MOSIN NAGANT. but instead of making it out of wood, I made it from resin cast in a mold

Last edited by Uncle Billy; 02-18-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    First, they exist, but after 30 years i only saw one set.

The one below i made my self with Electric tube guides and a plastic bar + stripper

Paco
    Hey Paco...

Did the stripper help you put it together or was she there as your reward after you finished?

You could probably use the one for the Galil legacy/micro stocks. FAB defense and CAA make some. Check 24hr tactical. Search cheek riser. You can see the different types for the Galil and should fit the FNC para stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by deadduck View Post
    Hey Paco...

Did the stripper help you put it together or was she there as your reward after you finished?
    I think stripper has a different meaning in English as we have to it.
    I'm happy i can't read that dirty mind of you

T-wrap or zipper might be a more correct translation.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I think stripper has a different meaning in English as we have to it.
    I'm happy i can't read that dirty mind of you

T-wrap or zipper might be a more correct translation.
    The item that you used appears to be what we in the US is called a "zip tie".

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    The item that you used appears to be what we in the US is called a "zip tie".

I learn everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Billy View Post
    Paco, you did a outstanding job of making a cheek riser! that my friend is thinking out of the box and using things you may have laying around the house, or at the very least spending very little, a couple of bucks to make one .

I always tip my hat and admired anyone that can fabricated/modify things using their brain and hands in making something that solves a "problem"

the question I have to ask on the real one, is why in the heck they did they go with hex head screws for adjusting the height? where you would need a hex key, that could be lost.

I would have opted for a wing nut or something similar so you could just use your hand to tighten the riser to the desired height.

but then I suppose, once you adjusted the height, and tightening the bejesus out of the screws you wouldn't need to mess with it again

I've also fabricated a cheek riser for my MOSIN-NAGANT with a PU scope, that closely matches what the Soviets had on their PE/PEM scoped MOSIN NAGANT. but instead of making it out of wood, I made it from resin cast in a mold

Nice job!

+ Reply to Thread