UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: AM-180 M11/9 upper coming?!! Maybe?

AM-180 M11/9 upper coming?!! Maybe?

This was just posted on Subguns.com

I don't have any affiliation, but I recall watching with interest 10 or 15 years ago when a couple of these were submitted for ATF approval.
    ----------------------------------

We get the M11/9 question a lot and have been holding off making the announcement until we had ATF approval and were ready to ship but rather than wait any longer, the answer is YES, we have a newly designed AM15 Upper Receiver kit specifically for the M11/9 machine guns that we will be ready to ship pending ATF approval.

We've incorporated all of the design features and experience that we've picked up over the last 5 years with the M16 AM15 version into the newly designed M11/9 AM15 upper and it adds an incredible new dimension to the popular M11/9 platform. Like everything we sell, the M11/9 AM15 upper receiver will have the same 30 day return period available. We're that sure you're going to like it!

The anticipated price is the same as the M16 AM15 at $1999. Its a completely new design and virtually no parts are interchangeable since the M11 version is much more compact than the M16 version and only minimally extends the overall length of the M11/9's standard length.

We will be adding pictures to our webpage in the next few weeks as well as some video of it running. We do not currently have "a list" nor are we taking any deposits or offering any pre-sales. We will post a paid ad here on subguns when they are ready to ship. Although we appreciate everyone's interest, PLEASE do not call and ask for more info and how to get on the list and have we heard anything and how much longer etc. since our customer service team has no additional information to share other than what I've posted here.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer and it will definitely be worth the wait.

Thank you for your business and your support,

Craig Wheatley
    Tactical Innovations Inc.
    www.tacticalinc.com
    208-267-1585 PST

UZI Talk Supporter
    Omg!!

UZI Talk Life Member

Why do you assume it's .22LR?
    Never mind; I assume it's a version of this: http://www.tacticalinc.com/am15-uppe...ver-p-420.html

UZI Talk Life Member
    If all these uppers keep coming out the m11 will priced like an MP5 before long. Haha

Borat: I'm vedy excite.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I hope they found a way to not mangle the last round in the drum.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Oh god my m11 is going to make me so poor.
    Am180 was the first machine gun I ever shot. I was 8 years old and one of my step dads friends had one. Damn thing was a pain to load(for every 6 drums I loaded I got to shoot one lol.

sweet so many new uppers coming out! its getting hard to find a place to keep all the different uppers... lage 22 kit, max11k, max31, side cocking upper, cfw bolt, fleming 11/22. and in 10 months when my number is here max11/15

UZI Talk Life Member
    I can't wait to see a video of this thing in action!!!!

UZI Talk Supporter

shot gun upper next, then whats left?

pretty darn cool!

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-for-m119-smg/

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scossum View Post
    I can't wait to see a video of this thing in action!!!!
    This is the same guy with an earlier version so while this isn't the one that was approved, this gives an idea of it's function.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXXtdfRqp0

UZI Talk Supporter

how many people will pay $2,000 for a .22 kit?

after seeing people complain about $3,000 for a .223 kit id have to think $2,000 for a 22 kit would also be over the top for many...id gladly pay it as id like to own a AM180...$2,000 is much less than $12,000....and id prefer the small pkg the mac gives it...

id think lage could do a .22 kit using the S&W .22 AR mag setup and parts off his new m11/15 upper...the black dog 50 rounders work very well....its not 180 rounds though

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    How else can you get a 275 round drum dump anywhere near that price?

Truth be told I want this more than the m11/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    How else can you get a 275 round drum dump anywhere near that price?

Truth be told I want this more than the m11/15.

I couldn't agree more.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post

after seeing people complain about $3,000 for a .223 kit id have to think $2,000 for a 22 kit would also be over the top for many...id gladly pay it as id like to own a AM180...$2,000 is much less than $12,000....and id prefer the small pkg the mac gives it...

id think lage could do a .22 kit using the S&W .22 AR mag setup and parts off his new m11/15 upper...the black dog 50 rounders work very well....its not 180 rounds though
    The 11/15 price wasn’t the problem, the price change was the problem. 22lr@5cent/round or 556@23cent/round. This upper presents great value for high volume shooting. I want one.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

WANT!

UZI Talk Supporter
    This is getting pretty insane. The M-11 could become the most versatile machine gun available to the civilian population.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    This is getting pretty insane. The M-11 could become the most versatile machine gun available to the civilian population.

It's the only modular platform other than the m16. The HK is limited to whatever roller lock designs used it back when

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    It's the only modular platform other than the m16. The HK is limited to whatever roller lock designs used it back when
    That is not correct IMHO. I'm fortunate enough to own a Fleming HK sear and 25 host guns. Over half of which are configurations that HK never produced like a full size and reverse stretch MP5 clones in .45 ACP, MP5K clones in .40 S&W and 10mm AUTO, 53K plus 53 and 33K that uses AR mags. So I would suggest that members do some research before posting as fact.

It is my understanding that a machinegun conversion device like a DIAS or HK sear must be used with the reciever of the "family" of firearms that the conversion device was originally designed for. That is why a DIAS can be used in AR-15 style recievers but not AR 10 recievers. A RR Mac style machinegun can be used with any parts desired, as long as those parts themselves don't constitute a firearm themselves. YMMV.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    Poopy! $3k for the M11/15 upper, now $2k for the AM180-M11 upper. That's double the money I paid for the M11 with 2 uppers and M11-22 kit to start with. This is like crack. Where do I send my money and how long is the waiting list?

UZI Talk Life Member

Well it's nice to know that the AM15 uppers are back in production. At least according to their website they are back in production. I've been on the "notify me when back in stock" list for going on two years. It's been a while since I checked their website so no idea when they resumed production or if they just claimed they are back in production.

Was shocked to see that they have slowed the cyclic rate down to 850RPM. I thought the whole purpose of a .22 with 270 round drum was to dump them out at 1600RPM like the original AM180.

+ Reply to Thread