UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red dot sights

UZI Talk Life Member

Red dot sights

Thinking about picking up a couple new red dots.
    Prob run them on M60s, HKs, and ARs. Not too worried about size/weight.

Here is my list so far:
    o MRO Patrol w/quick mount (been ogling this one for a long while - never used one)
    o any other suggestions/favorites ?

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hi mattnh,

I like the Holosun's lately. The models that have the shake to wake feature and the circle dot (EoTech type reticle) are my favorite. They also seem to play nicer with my astigmatism than other RDSs.
    Finally, they ship with an additional low mount so that you don't have purchase a new mount if you want to use with an HK for example.

AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    I like the EOTech. I like the big screen compared to most others. For an M60 or any gun that jumps around it helps from losing the target-sight picture.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Agree, EOTech's are great. I just can't justify the cost for the multiple firearms that I have RDSs mounted on...
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

I second Holosun. I have several and they have held up on full auto for me. I would avoid the model with the battery tray. They have little screws that hold the battery tray in and I have seen those come loose. Also watch out for the model that has to be unmounted from the gun to change the battery. I don't think they are in production anymore. Two holosuns for the cost of one MRO.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Agree, EOTech's are great. I just can't justify the cost for the multiple firearms that I have RDSs mounted on...
    Aw, c'mon, they are walking distance from your house. Just go pick their dumpster for some scratched units and spray bomb them.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Fan of the MRO

Trijicon MRO • LaRue Cantilevered QD mount
    Old Arizona saying: "A rattlesnake in the house ends all talk about animal rights!"

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    Aw, c'mon, they are walking distance from your house. Just go pick their dumpster for some scratched units and spray bomb them.
    If only! :-)
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    I bought a Holosun, if the battery dies and it's daylight when I'm shooting it's got a little solar panel on it.

I would prefer the Trijicon MRO Patrol over any budget (cheaper-manufactured) chi-com optic.

I purchased a Holosun HE510C a few years back. It was DOA. I would probably need to buy 3 if not 4 of them to get the lifetime expectancy the MRO will most likely have.

If price, size, & weight are no concern, the Aimpoint MPS3 is a beast of an optic. COMPM4 or COMPM5 would also be in my consideration if you do not already possess them.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Was considering the Aimpoint MPS3, but seems to be discontinued. May try to find a used one.
    Got a bunch of T1s & T2s - is the COMPM4/M5 much different?

I've got an old oddball NOS Eotech EOLAD I've never used - I'll prob give that a try as well...
    If you have never seen one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0etkGT0mBtU&t=170s

I do not suspect the MPS3 is discontinued. More likely they are simply not finding their way to the States. High priced, specialized optic with little demand in the US market, and Aimpoint is filling active military contracts. Swedish Army is in recent contract with Aimpoint for both CompM5 & MPS3s. CompM4s are current standard for US Army.

Contacting aimpoint.us might be option to "special order" a MPS3.

+ Reply to Thread