UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oppourtunity to buy Pre-Ban Swd Cobray M11/9 Semi-Auto NEED HELP

Oppourtunity to buy Pre-Ban Swd Cobray M11/9 Semi-Auto NEED HELP

Hey guys, thanks for letting me on the forum and I need some help. I'm new to these but have worked at a gunshop for a little while now. A pre-ban Cobray M11/9 came into the shop and I have the chance to buy it. I have about 40 pictures I would like to upload here for advise on if it is no good. The welds seem ok but it looks like something is not right. The top charging knob is leaving peening marks on the upper. Inside the lower receiver there seems to be an issue also related to this. It looks like the bolt is slamming into it. I don't have much time to figure it out because my boss wants to sell it asap. I can't figure out how to down size my pictures. I know you guys would be able to steer me in the right direction and I'm frustrated that the pictures won't upload. I don't mind getting the upper replaced but want to know if the lower is still ok. I always loved the look not so much the function of these since late 80's and mid 90's movies. Please advise. I really appreciate it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Vigilante556; 02-22-2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I realized I didn’t need to list my personal info to get in touch with other members.

Sent you an email

UZI Talk Supporter
    Welcome!
    Is the price low enough to justify it vs buying a better one, especially if you have to replace parts?

Thanks man! If you are the one I am talking to I appreciate it!

It seems like the price is ok for what it is and condition. $500.

OP your post states you live in CT. How can you buy this firearm? I live here in CT and have a semi that is registered as n Assault Weapon as per CT law. Even though you state the gun is a preban, it is listed on the AW list so it would be a not transferred to you. Your "Boss" should know that it can not be sold in state.

Thanks for the heads up man. I’m going to look into this further.

Quote Originally Posted by har1340 View Post
    OP your post states you live in CT. How can you buy this firearm? I live here in CT and have a semi that is registered as n Assault Weapon as per CT law. Even though you state the gun is a preban, it is listed on the AW list so it would be a not transferred to you. Your "Boss" should know that it can not be sold in state.

I looked into it when selling one and it was not on the list. Do you have a link?

ETA looks like I found it....and F them all for passing such crap!

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0241.htm

Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;
    Last edited by Member13; 02-22-2021 at 07:07 AM.

Yeah, real bullshit here in CT. This is why we can still buy "FULL AUTO ONLY" mg's.

If banned by name I don't think it is a good thing that they call them MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11....when that is not the real name.

Quote Originally Posted by Member13 View Post
    If banned by name I don't think it is a good thing that they call them MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11....when that is not the real name.
    Thats how Cali. did it for a while and "some" of the open bolts were still GTG.
    They have since ReWritten the "law": whatever to include Actual Model #'s.
    They missed nothing on this last go round.

+ Reply to Thread