UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is Mfg段ng Galil receivers these days?

Who is Mfg段ng Galil receivers these days?

Who is Making Galil receivers these days? Is it just TortTort, Lewis & Black, CNC Warrior, and ATI Or is there someone else making a good quality receiver? I think I知 missing a name.

Us and ATI are the only people currently offering a receiver. We made receivers for L&B when they first came on the scene and its my understanding they aren't offering anymore. I think theres a few companies that still have receivers displayed on their site but no recent inventory.

If youre going for quality dimensions, metrology and authenticity we offer the factory engraving, lighteing cuts, scope rails or any other feature to nail down the type of build youre going for.

*ad the cnc warrior is usually top notch but havent seen them in stock for a while.
    Last edited by tortort; 07-01-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Go with Tortort if you want the best quality and spot on dimensions.

Get a tortort. No one better

UZI Talk Life Member
    Tortort #1!

Quote Originally Posted by jurist View Post
    I think I知 missing a name.
    Ikon.

Tortort - is there an option for the smaller selector hole for the forward to fire selectors?

Thank you gentlemen!

Ugh, yes we can do that. Email us and we値l get you an invoice.

Something else came to mind. In looking at your website it appears that you all just make receivers. Have you all considered offering a service where you mill the Magwell on IMI ACE 5.56 receivers for standard Galil mag?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Who is Making Galil receivers these days? Is it just TortTort, Lewis & Black, CNC Warrior, and ATI Or is there someone else making a good quality receiver? I think I知 missing a name.

I'll give you an additional option very soon.

I’ve used probably 30 or so Tortort’s they are great. Have 8 more to do as we speak.
    Last edited by eMGunslinger; 07-15-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Interesting..tempting, very tempting

...mill the Magwell on IMI ACE 5.56 receivers for standard Galil mag?
    Is that even a thing?

Something else came to mind. In looking at your website it appears that you all just make receivers. Have you all considered offering a service where you mill the Magwell on IMI ACE 5.56 receivers for standard Galil mag?
    Why do all that,
    just get a 7.62x39 lower & rivet in the mag release. There was one for sale on GB last week. Personally I wouldn't muck up the 5.56 ACE unless I had 2 of them, as it has the bolt hold open and more available mags.

YMMV

Like the look of the old style MAR but prefer rock and lock Galil mags. Not interested in a 7.62x39 Galil when I can just buy an Arsenal pistol for half the price. The point about LRBHO is a great on though.

Like the look of the old style MAR but prefer rock and lock Galil mags. Not interested in a 7.62x39 Galil when I can just buy an Arsenal pistol for half the price. The point about LRBHO is a great on though.
    I think you missed my point. You use a 7.62x39 Galil Ace Lower on the 16556 so you have the proper mag well for the original Galil mags. AK & Galil mags lock the same way & can interchange them into the mag well, until it comes to firing you don't won't to do that . You would just need to rivet in the mag release.

Last edited by FELIX 808; 07-17-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Registered User AleksanderDavid's Avatar
    yeah it's a thing. i did it on one of my 5.56 ace's. https://i.imgur.com/pzjYOOZ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mullicrk View Post
    Go with Tortort if you want the best quality and spot on dimensions.
    +.040 thou

Did you get ahold of Robski?

Quote Originally Posted by tomelroy View Post
    +.040 thou

Did you get ahold of Robski?
    Enjoying your lifetime ban from the AK Files for tossing out the same BS & trolling ?

Quote Originally Posted by cal50 View Post
    Enjoying your lifetime ban from the AK Files for tossing out the same BS & trolling ?

Come on man...I was talking to Mullicrk...he challenged me (on AKfiles before my lifetime ban) and I accepted the challenge. (ATI galil vs Tortort, Robski does the testing) Just like you challenging me to the .040. Every time I school you on the subject I get banned. You cant handle the truth.

This is an issue.... Just trying to help fellow galil owners get their builds done right. Good news.... Galil god got the memo and is now helping, too. His solution is to grind down the IMI bullet guide. I guess it is a pretty lengthy process. Check out Kornbreads thread on AR15.com, titled (shimming the bullet guide)

I personally dont like grinding and in spec part resulting with a build with 2 out of spec parts, so I just correct the part with the problem. (the receiver)

You on AR15.com and youtube with a different name? If not JKH62 sounds an awful lot like you...

But I am happy to discuss this issue with you again, and I will leave all the customer service issues out of it. Just the bullet guide and the fact that it does not fit properly...as long as i can post the pics you took of yours!

+ Reply to Thread