UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KNS Precision AK adjustable gas piston

KNS Precision AK adjustable gas piston

Just want to say this thing works great. Had an over gassed RPK74. It threw the empties to the next county over. After installing this device recoil is less violent and empties go 15-20' Rarely do aftermarket gadgets live up to the sales hype. But this one did better then expected. So easy to install and adjust.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I've talked with the KNS guys and am impressed with them and their products.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

I put one on my PSL, and when my Galil gets finished at Hillbilly it will have one as well. The PSL went from shooting dinner plate groups at 100 down to this. And the brass casings aren't mangled and can be reloaded. Very happy with KNS. 7 rounds.
    Attached Images  

I put them on all of my AK's. It makes the F/A AK's a dream to shoot. The cyclic rate is almost that of a Grease Gun.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Huh, gonna have to check these out

UZI Talk Life Member
    I've been eyeballing these for awhile and finally ordered one for my PSL, it was literally putting brass on the roof of my house.

I run one in a Bulgy AKSU. Runs awesome! So little recoil you can feel the bolt move.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I installed mine last night, about 10 min if you have all the right equip. I got mine from APEX, ordered a piston rivet seperate because KNS sends a roll pin, I wanted to do it
    the common way it's done so I used the rivet, peening and then grinding and sanding smooth. Touched up with Super Blue and I'm good to go.

UZI Talk Life Member

If you plan to shoot any AK variant suppressed this is a must have item. I need to get the upgrade kit for it.

I have KNS gas pistons on several AK's and love them. I have two complaints, but I might just call them product improvement ideas. First, the included roll pins need to be longer. They're only long enough to catch on one side of the piston. Second, when installed on some rifles, there is a gap between where the factory piston leaves off and where the KNS piston starts. In other words, a factory piston can cause the rifle to eject cases too far while the KNS piston on the same rifle in the fully closed doesn't allow enough gas to reliably cycle the action. I've had this happen on a couple of AK's, but it doesn't happen on most. I can't figure out why, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have KNS gas pistons on several AK's and love them. I have two complaints, but I might just call them product improvement ideas. First, the included roll pins need to be longer. They're only long enough to catch on one side of the piston. Second, when installed on some rifles, there is a gap between where the factory piston leaves off and where the KNS piston starts. In other words, a factory piston can cause the rifle to eject cases too far while the KNS piston on the same rifle in the fully closed doesn't allow enough gas to reliably cycle the action. I've had this happen on a couple of AK's, but it doesn't happen on most. I can't figure out why, but it is what it is.
    Yea those roll pins are too short. I use a stainless steel pin. Cut the pin to length and peen in place till flush. I can't speak to your second issue.

+ Reply to Thread