UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenko Update

UZI Talk Life Member

Tenko Update

For those of you following the Tenko saga, I wanted to update on the direction of the modifications we are in the process of making. The things that the ATF does not like is that they got the Tenko to fire without the M10 lower. We are working on mechanical means such that the Tenko will not be able to be fired without the M10 lower.

They also didn't like that the adapter was submitted with a rifle caliber upper using direct impingement that was closed bolt. They felt that the "redesign" made it a new machinegun. Of course they didn't have that issue with the original submission. As many owners know, the original open bolt fixed firing pin system is prone to out of battery destinations. So we plan to modify a Colt 9mm bolt to work with a Colt Light Machinegun style mechanism. A firing pin style system would be safer than a fixed firing pin system and the firing 9mm caliber with a blowback system will hopefully appease the Technology Branch. Time will tell.

Sincerely,

Scott
    Manager A&S Conversions

Good luck! We are anxiously waiting... it’s hard to hit moving goalpost.

Thanks for continuing to develop and adapt to make it to market!

I can only imagine your frustration, but I’m grateful for your continued efforts. I just read today that the idiotic restriction on exporting suppressors that crushed MAC, was rescinded last year. Less than half a century. Gotta love bureaucratic fiat.

Good luck!

Much distaste for the ATF and much love for your work!

I like to read all your updated stuff...If we had a "like" button you'd know your followers...Duke

UZI Talk Life Member
    Great update keep it up- don’t give up!
    Live BRAVE, Live FREE!

“To abandon FACTS is to abandon FREEDOM”

UZI Talk Supporter
    Hoping for good things!

Yes, thank you for "sticking to your guns" and working out another design, I'll be first or second or third........in line to purchase. Don't stop!

Keep it up.

UZI Talk Life Member

The engineer has come up with a lock and key system. The "key" component will be installed in the M10 lower and should not interfere with the functionality of the lower with factory or aftermarket uppers. I am currently traveling for work and should be home next week. We also need to reshape the rear of the adapter such that it will be more difficult to install an angle iron and C-clamp to hold in the buffer and spring. Then I will start testing. If it passes our testing, then we will resubmit.

Scott Manager
    A&S Conversions L.L.C.

UZI Talk Supporter

Sounds awesome Scott, good luck and thank you for hanging in there!

True Grit. The communist government sellouts & current WH anti-2A trash riff-raff shall never crush the real American entrepreneurial spirit.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Sorry that our government is being such a pill!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Sorry that our government is being such a pill!
    That is the hardest part for me that I feel a Government Agency lied to me. Their whole bassist for two different determinations for the same mechanism is that they say that they didn't fire the first submission. I checked the timing, so I knew it would fire, but I didn't actually fire the first submission. But I expected the adapter to be fired for the evaluation. So when it came back with powder residue on it, I didn't think anything of it and never documented the power residue on the first one. As far as I am concerned, they did fire the first submission but said that they didn't.

Scott

= Genuine scumbags...

They 100% lied to you. We shouldn't be suprised.

UZI Talk Supporter

Considering all of the uppers coming to market and the failure of the ATF to grant approval or denial in a timely manor, is it possible that there is an "official unofficial" new directive to the extent of "don't say no but certainly don't say yes"? Perhaps the ATF has already made up their mind (or been directed to make up their mind) that something WILL be wrong with any and all new submissions. Its not unprecedented to make policy or even de-facto law with intentionally arduous bureaucracy.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Never ascribe to a complex conspiracy that which can be explained by total incompetence and imbecilic buffoonery

^~~ this guy gets it! Although I’m not entirely convinced that it can’t be both. But surely this is indeed a HUGE factor! =D

+ Reply to Thread