UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody got some Keepshooting GG mags?

UZI Talk Supporter

Anybody got some Keepshooting GG mags?

I have a bunch of USGI GG blued magazines that are in great condition, but are too tight for my particular m10 magwell. Out of 12 2 drop free, 5 almost drop free and 5 are super tight.

I'm trying to see if the keepshooting reproduction mags are by chance on the narrower side of the size range. Anybody got some they can measure for me please? Front to back and side to side on the thickest part at the top 1/3 please. I want to see if I can just get those when they come back in stock or if I should go ahead and spring for a magwell stretch.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Same deal GG mags have always been hit & miss with my PS gun

Pretty much all I have are the KS mags. Maybe I might have a dozen OEM GG mags that fit & function..

Bought 6 super nice Guide Lamp GG mags from a member here and only two fit the gun.
    Never had a problem with the KS mags in fit or function and prefer them since so far 30 + KS mags and zero problems compared to about the same in OEM GG mags with maybe a dozen that fit & function. One being a OEM GG with the Ingram snake logo stamped on it.
    I'll measure a KS mag today sometime for you.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Huh thanks for the intel root. Called Sam @ Practical Solutions and he said he'd never had to stretch a M10/45 magwell, so he suggested I try a couple different mags before doing anything.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I took measurements of 3
    F2B
    1-39.59mm
    2-39.50
    3-39.73
    S2S
    1-27.31
    2-27.57
    3-27.52

Oddly enough all GG mags (factory and Keepshooting) fit my MPA10, only the Keepshooting ones fit my Volunteer Ordnance Tommy Gun, factory are too tight.

UZI Talk Supporter
    These will be rathter big but here are pix.

This is a KS mag that I bought used from a member and functions just as it should in my PS 1972 gun

UZI Talk Supporter
    For the record and posterity's sake I got to try some keepshooting mags as well and they have variability similar to USGI magazines, but are very nice all the same. I ended up having to stretch my magwell, which I did with the pointy end of a tomato stake and a mallet. You could see they were dragging on the edge of the folded metal piece, so I focused the force there, and after 4 cycles most were good to go.

Root and I ran keep shooting GG mags the Friday after Thanksgiving and they worked fine in either of my MAC 10s.

+ Reply to Thread