UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mac 11/9 worth it?

Mac 11/9 worth it?

I have no experience with the semi Mac 11/9 pistol are they reliable plinkers?

UZI Talk Supporter
    If you're getting it because it's cool then go for it. If you want a pistol you can do better.

But reliability wise are they seen to go bang most of the time with good ammo

Do yourself a favor and buy a Glock with a drum or 33 round stick mag.

The M11/9 makes a great SMG, but a lousy semi auto pistol. It does however make a pretty good semi auto Carbine. I wouldn’t get the pistol, I would get the Carbine version. Just my opinion.

UZI Talk Life Member

Every time I see a semi for sale on the local gun trading sites I always ask myself 'what in the world would entice anyone to buy one of these?'

I really can't come up with a defensible answer.

Buy an old Browning Hi-power, a Sig P210, a CZ75 if you are looking for heavy metal, old school 9mm.

Otherwise there are uncountable (every?) polymer guns out there that are better choices.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Life Member

My understanding is that trigger slap is the biggest downside. The semiguns used to come with a small section rubber tubing, to relieve trigger slap holes.

Scott

yes with a good mag , apiece of rubber hose on the trigger and a glove you might be able to shoot a mag or 2 .

Well first thanks for all the input guys. I have Fa and Sa Macs and a nice uuuzi..Born tinkerer and at the price I'm paying I'm gonna have to give it a shot. Thanks again. A

Dude, if you already have a full auto M11/9 then why would you even consider getting a semi auto one? That would be like being married to a lingerie model and getting your self a blow up love doll to go along with her.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by boomer535 View Post
    Dude, if you already have a full auto M11/9 then why would you even consider getting a semi auto one? That would be like being married to a lingerie model and getting your self a blow up love doll to go along with her.
    That's going to leave a mark. Or scar.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

No, My full auto Mac is PS M10 in 45 acp. I paid $310. in 1974. I have the Lage upper and some Suomi drums. Works well. The M11/9 is a project of sorts. I'm sure I've seen posts describing a way to reduce, maybe even eliminate the trigger slap. I'm sure I could rig up a way to mount a arm brace. Who knows a binary trigger isn't rocket science. Like I said at the price this little blow up china doll might learn to Rock!

I have many of the semi auto ones and love them. Only one of them has trigger slap and it is so bad I don't even want to shoot it.

UZI Talk Supporter

I have both full and semi auto macs. The semi M11/9 started as a pistol...which is not a good pistol. It is oversized and not ergonomically comfortable to use as anything other than a plinker.
    But when I added a carbine top it became an outstanding pistol caliber carbine. It is very accurate, easy to shoot accurate double taps, lightweight, and very durable.
    It goes with me anytime I may need a PCC for any reason.
    Mine does not have any trigger slap at all. If someone has trigger slap on theirs they can reshape the part of the bar sear where the hammer contacts it and it will eliminate it. Literally takes three minutes to do.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I've owned M11/9s and M11A1/380 SMGs. I've build M11/9 and M11A1/380 semis just to do it. I also agree that it's not hard to fix the trigger slap problem. The only problem is the semi FCGs have a short lifespan. The mags are another reason I'm not a fan of the M11/9 SMG or semi.

I don't own the semi's anymore. I sold them all after the learning experience. I agree that the carbines would be better than a pistol version just for common parts and mags.

After that all of that, I would recommend just about any other pistol over a semi M11/9. But then again, get what you want.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Not to hijack the thread, but what needs to be done to eliminate trigger slap? Pics would be awesome? Been trying to figure this one out how to correct it for a while...

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBelt View Post
    I have both full and semi auto macs. The semi M11/9 started as a pistol...which is not a good pistol. It is oversized and not ergonomically comfortable to use as anything other than a plinker.
    But when I added a carbine top it became an outstanding pistol caliber carbine. It is very accurate, easy to shoot accurate double taps, lightweight, and very durable.
    It goes with me anytime I may need a PCC for any reason.
    Mine does not have any trigger slap at all. If someone has trigger slap on theirs they can reshape the part of the bar sear where the hammer contacts it and it will eliminate it. Literally takes three minutes to do.
    Please explain your trigger slap fix. I am curious how you can eliminate it with how it’s designed

UZI Talk Life Member
    To fix trigger slap, the sear edge on the trigger sear plate needs to be ground to the minimal amount necessary to catch the hammer notch, about 1/32" overlap... or the legs on the sear plate can be notched to remove length were it meet the trigger bar. The trigger can still be felt on the finger but it's not painful. But again, this will shorten the FCG lifespan. The sear plates are not hardened and will wear quickly. MPA made a fix to the system in 2018 but it only lasted 500-100 rounds before needing replacement.

https://www.ftfindustries.com/product/RP-M11SSTB.html

Here's how to adapt the newer larger hole MPA hammer to older semi m11/9s

Last edited by strobro32; 03-26-2021 at 09:53 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Just curious what you guys did. I accomplished similar trigger slap relief, maybe the better word is minimized the trigger slap by building up the notch on the safety rod so you could only pull the trigger far enough to let them hammer release.

Hmm, soft steel. I remember back in high school my shop teacher showed us how to case harden steel. Was it casenite you use? it's been 55 yrs ago.

+ Reply to Thread