UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 8 LastLast

Thread: MAX-31C

UZI Talk Life Member
    ^ yeah... Lage does, not released yet.

What is the stick mag in the picture?

I think it’s the discontinued Shockwave Zmag-S that everyone wants now.

Shame on them for having offered it for such a short time... they could of made some good easy money. I understand some assclown took over that company and MAC 10 folks got the middle finger.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galil#1 View Post
    Shame on them for having offered it for such a short time... they could of made some good easy money. I understand some assclown took over that company and MAC 10 folks got the middle finger.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but this is not how our system works. It is my understanding that Shockwave had one run of the magazines. It took multiple years to sell that one run of mags. Most retailers make their money by making products that they can easily sell. They make the products, hopefully sell them for a reasonable profit, take the funds and reinvest the funds into making more products that they can make and sell in a timely manner. Hopefully they can turn their money over several times in in a year. But the year that the mags were made is the year the cost goes against the business cost. Making products that don't sell very quickly, is a good way to to run a business into the ground.

Yet again, if there is a product you think is cool, buy it. Apparently not many Z mag S31 mags were sold per year. So when they ran out of them after having them sit on the shelf for years, Shockwave decided not to tie up their money in a product that didn't sell very quickly. Of course this is just my opinion. YMMV.

Scott
    Last edited by A&S Conversions; 05-27-2021 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Model of mag

UZI Talk Life Member
    You're exactly right Scott. Businesses have to make a profit on the money that they invested. Sitting on merchandise for several years is not a good way to do that. I'm sure that they make more money, or at least 'faster' money with some of their other products. We're lucky that they make the Z-mags, extremely lucky.

Like Vegas says, these are the good old days so buy up when you see something that you want. And that means regular Z-mags.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Standard Z-mags can be modified to the same specs as the S versions. Feedlips have to be re-profiled, and tabs have to be made and attached. If done with steel, the tabs have to be machined, and welded to the mags. Then the mag needs to be coated with an appropriate coating. It’s a lot of work to do it right, but can be done. Glued on 3D printed tabs would also work, but if being used for competition, I would suggest going the steel route.

My father in law made a limited run of converted 50 rounders, that sold pretty quickly. They looked and functioned as good as the zmag Suomi style ones. He probably would have done more, but got tired of all the bitching and moaning about how expensive they were. It’s amazing how many on this forum don’t consider the amount of time and money people put into making a product (that in all actuality makes a very small profit, if any)...
    Last edited by Offmarksman; 05-28-2021 at 09:56 PM.

We’re the S31 mags single feed or double feed? If they were/are single feed, and are no longer being offered, then why don’t people just buy coffin mags? They’re out there, a bit pricey but available....am I missing something?

UZI Talk Life Member
    "..am I missing something?"

People always want what they can't have. When S31 mags were available they sat on Shockwave's shelves for years. Now that they are gone they are desirable. Human nature.

The truth is that the Max-31 was designed for the Soumi drums and is best used with those. I have some S31 mags and hardly use them. Any stick mags are just to have something different and for those relatively few people that might need them for competitions. There are viable alternatives like modified STEN mags or Z-mags for those that absolutely have to have something like that. Coffin mags are a good alternative too but pricey compared to drums and S31 mags.

The S31 mags are single feed. The Max-31 doesn't work with double feed mags; that is until someone here modifies one to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    We’re the S31 mags single feed or double feed? If they were/are single feed, and are no longer being offered, then why don’t people just buy coffin mags? They’re out there, a bit pricey but available....am I missing something?
    For $150 bucks that I could buy one coffin for I can buy 15+ sten mags and convert them.

The Lage Max31 is limited to single feed.

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post

People always want what they can't have. When S31 mags were available they sat on Shockwave's shelves for years. Now that they are gone they are desirable. Human nature.

The truth is that the Max-31 was designed for the Soumi drums and is best used with those. I have some S31 mags and hardly use them. Any stick mags are just to have something different and for those relatively few people that might need them for competitions. There are viable alternatives like modified STEN mags or Z-mags for those that absolutely have to have something like that. Coffin mags are a good alternative too but pricey compared to drums and S31 mags.

The S31 mags are single feed. The Max-31 doesn't work with double feed mags; that is until someone here modifies one to do that.
    Sticks are light. 3 sticks is more ammo than 1 drum. Also takes of less space on a belt than a single drum. I also prefer sticks because the drums are a little unwieldy if you are not 6'3" with a matching wingspan.

UZI Talk Life Member
    ^drums are all about the next best thing aside from a belt.

Mag changes are let downs.

Love drums on small arms. Awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    ^drums are all about the next best thing aside from a belt.

Mag changes are let downs.

Love drums on small arms. Awesome stuff.
    That’s why I’m on the Max-31C list! Drums with the smallest possible package! The Max-11k is my favorite, but we’ll see if the Max-31C will change that!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I bought 4 coffins and loader!!!! Pain in the ass. SAVE your money. Hard to load very heavy and don’t run for shit! Sold them a week later. Just my .02 JD

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post

People always want what they can't have. When S31 mags were available they sat on Shockwave's shelves for years. Now that they are gone they are desirable. Human nature. ....
    There's more to it than that. In the last several years at lot of Ingram pattern submachine guns as well as all machine guns and sub machine guns have changed hands. Boomers cashing out (ETA - or paying for uncovered medical expenses) or their heirs disposing of the estate, investors seeing crypto currency or whatever as a better investment, loss of easy access to good, free open shooting property due to housing developments, and so on. The new owners have different tastes than the prior owners and one of the things that the new owners want is a 30 round capacity stick mag for their Ingram. For all I know, it might be simpler and cheaper for an upper to just be made for Glock, Colt pattern, Scorpion, or the like magazines instead of retooling up the S31 magazines.
    Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments.
    MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.
    Last edited by SecondAmend; 05-29-2021 at 11:15 AM.

All mag talk aside, do we know when these will be coming to market? I’m 24 on the list but not sure how long we will be waiting. Weeks? Months? Or longer?

UZI Talk Life Member
    The first 20 are at anodize and should be ready in about 4 weeks. We have 20 more behind that.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    The first 20 are at anodize and should be ready in about 4 weeks. We have 20 more behind that.
    Nice!!!

Did y'all get a response back from with a number? I emailed but never got a response back. Typically Jackie will respond but figured she might have just been over run.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Hood886 View Post
    Did y'all get a response back from with a number? I emailed but never got a response back. Typically Jackie will respond but figured she might have just been over run.
    Same. I emailed a few times and didn't get a response. Might be going to their spam folder.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I had troubles with their email once as well, had to call them and send test emails while on the phone because their spam was blocking me. Got it all figured out tho…. Weird because I had emailed them successfully previously to the blocked emails also.

+ Reply to Thread